cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 SP3 - Windows 7 (32-bit) - File - Open problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just installed CR 2008 SP3 on a Windows 7 (32-bit) pc.

When I select File - Open, I don't get a prompt for an existing report.

When I select File - New, I can create a new Standard Report.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean to say that you do not get a windows file-open dialog box when you go to File -> Open?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

Also when I try to Save As a new file.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try these steps to resolve the issue:

1) Browse to C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86 and look for 'filedialog.dll'

2) If the file is missing, then copy that file from any other machine that has the same version of Crystal Reports

3) Register the dll by typing the command : regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\filedialog.dll" in run

4) Restart Crystal Reports if open

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

That file exists:

filedialogg.dll 4/22/2010 484 KB

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alright, register the filedialog.dll file.

Go to start -> run and type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\filedialog.dll"

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got to thinking there might be issues with other dll's, so I did an uninstall & reinstall. Now it works! Thanks for your suggestion. Now another question: will CR 2008 SP3 install on a pc with Windows XP Pro SP2 with 2GB Memory? When I try, during Setup, it just hangs...Please wait while the installer finishes, determining your disk space requirements... Just sits there, does not continue, no error messages, just hangs!

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Oh, bad you had to re-install the whole thing! But alteast that might have taken care other unforeseen errors.

On the next question you had, yes, CR 2008 SP3 IS suported on Win XP. I've seen the 'Examining disk space' issue quite a few times. Here's what you can try:

1) Disable then anti-virus on the local machine

2) Run the setup.exe file and select "Custom install"

Now, here's something out of this world that you can try if the above steps fail.

Start the installation and select 'Custom'. On the screen that lets you select languages, go ahead and select the 'French' language along with English. Has worked for me 9/10 times and that 1% of time it didn't, I did a silent install.

But I want you to try steps 1 - 2 first.

Hope this helps!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, the Custom Install did it.

Don't knw why the Typical didn't work, but the Custom worked.

It's been frustrating!

Thanks so much,

Answers (0)