Please try these steps to resolve the issue:
1) Browse to C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86 and look for 'filedialog.dll'
2) If the file is missing, then copy that file from any other machine that has the same version of Crystal Reports
3) Register the dll by typing the command : regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Business Objects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\filedialog.dll" in run
4) Restart Crystal Reports if open
Got to thinking there might be issues with other dll's, so I did an uninstall & reinstall. Now it works! Thanks for your suggestion. Now another question: will CR 2008 SP3 install on a pc with Windows XP Pro SP2 with 2GB Memory? When I try, during Setup, it just hangs...Please wait while the installer finishes, determining your disk space requirements... Just sits there, does not continue, no error messages, just hangs!
Oh, bad you had to re-install the whole thing! But alteast that might have taken care other unforeseen errors.
On the next question you had, yes, CR 2008 SP3 IS suported on Win XP. I've seen the 'Examining disk space' issue quite a few times. Here's what you can try:
1) Disable then anti-virus on the local machine
2) Run the setup.exe file and select "Custom install"
Now, here's something out of this world that you can try if the above steps fail.
Start the installation and select 'Custom'. On the screen that lets you select languages, go ahead and select the 'French' language along with English. Has worked for me 9/10 times and that 1% of time it didn't, I did a silent install.
But I want you to try steps 1 - 2 first.
Hope this helps!