cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the TREX RFC Destination through ESH_ADM_SET_TREX_DESTINATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am trying to create the Search Object Connector in ECC EHP5 System . Prerequiste for Creating Search Connector is Maintain TREX RFC Destination through ESH_ADM_SET_TREX_DESTINATION Report . When i am trying to Set the TREX RFC through the Report and it display the below error. I am using the TREX Version 7.1 Latest patch 45.

Error :Do a proper configuration for the TREX server with destination TREX_EED.

Error: Memory 8.0 GB Phys-Avail, 24.0 GB (300%) used

Information : Diskspace 20 GB total, 35% used, 14 GB free

Information : Indexes 0 open, 3 total,2 documents, 0.00 GB memory, 0.00 GB on disk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sebastjoe,

It looks like your TREX server is over-performing. I'd ask Basis or the systems team to check it out - it shouldn't be this high. SAP won't be able to use it if the system is like this, which is why it won't accept the RFC connection.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke

Current system having the Physical RAM - 8GB and SWAP size - 17 GB and core - 4 . can you tell Actual Requirement for the Trex RFC ?

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should check out sizing guide on SAP: [https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/sizing]

It looks like you might have TREX installed on a server with something else. I would always recommend putting TREX on a dedicated server because it is quite powerful. Quite clearly the memory of the existing server is being used quite heavily, which may have been caused by putting TREX onto a server with something else operating on it.

Best regards,

Luke

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any body help me on below issue mention in the blog.

Thanks,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am also facing the same issue, if we ignore this error , so is this going to affect our search.

Also these error means our connection between TREX and search didn't happens?

Thanks

JP

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay Prakash,

yes, it can be possible , that the search and indexing will not be possible.

Best regards,
Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay to close here:

We had to shut down some other services on the hardware, to get enough free memory (we had yellow light [warning] when only 12 GB were used). Therefore we could execute the report to set up the TREX for the enterprise search. After that we turned the other services on again.

Now we are able to work with the Enterprise Search without problems. So all in all two solution suggestions:

1. Install TREX directly on a dedicated server

2. Shutdown other services (your SAP basis has to do that) temporarily for executed the report, to reach sufficent memory for TREX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same error in on of our systems. Have you been solved the issue by installing it on a dedicated platform?

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your memory 8 GB for a test landscape and embedded search could be enough.

But keep in mind:

Error: Memory 8.0 GB Phys-Avail, 24.0 GB (300%) used

Information : Indexes 0 open, 3 total,2 documents, 0.00 GB memory, 0.00 GB on disk

So this is quite easy....

You have 8 GB main memory and you have only 3 indexes but your machine is using 24 GB memory.

That's why on your server is running as well other software perhaps your ERP system?

So install your TREX on a separate server or add more memory to your server.

Keep in mind that for a productive system 8 GB is to less and as well keep in mind that for a productive system TREX should run at a separate server (only for TREX).

If you have fix this memory issue you can as well run the report.

Best regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Frank and Luke

TREX is Installed along with BI System . we stopped the BI System and run the Report but still showing the same error.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would definitely uninstall TREX and put it on a dedicated server - it needs dedicated resources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your help, it worked for me after installing the TREX on a dedicated server.

Regards

Qadir