cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByDesign webservices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am currently looking for the webservices offered by the ByDesign system. I want to show some of the data from ByDesign in another context. Therfore I would like to use webservices. I already searched in the help sites and on a lot of documents on this website but wasn't able to find any useful informations about this topic. So, here is my actual question: Where do I have to activate(?) the webservices in my ByDesign system and where can I find the services? May be there is an overview site or something like this in ByDesign.

Thank you very much, best regards.

Jochen

Edited by: JochenS on Sep 5, 2011 1:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

there are a site in Business Center (https://sme.sap.com) where you can find all available ByDesign webservices.

Here the link to the webservices for feature pack 2.5 (You need a S-User certificate):

https://www.sme.sap.com/irj/sme/community/collaboration/wiki?path=/display/ami/fp2.5A2XServices

But the problem is, all webservice are currently in pilot mode, so it isn`t possible to activate the webservices by yourself, you always have to ask SAP for permission.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

thanks a ot for your response. Just to get this straight. I have to get a permission from SAP when I implement my own webservice as well?

I built one yesterday but was not able to test it. I only get the ability to download the wsdl file. Do I need to certificate my development first, even before testing?

Best regards Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Do you build your webservice with ByDesign Studio? So you need no authorization of your own webservice by SAP, only if you want use a standard webservice of ByDesign (see the link above).

After downloading the WSDL you can test the webservice with e.g. soapUI.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

yes meanwhile I changed to own webservices via ByDesign Studio.

Thank you. Best regards,

Jochen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

three years later, I have a similar (probably very simple) question. I am new at SAP byDesign and have read a lot of blogs now, but I have not found an answer yet.

I need to get data out of SAP byDesign to analyse them elsewhere and I found some webservices which would perfom perfectly.

My problem is, that I do not know how to activate them. The webservices I need (for example Query Journal Entries, Query Supplier Invoices, Query Customer Invoices) are not part of one of those "Communication Arrangements" provided by SAP byDesign. Therefore I cannot activate them with one of my "Communication Systems". Where do I get a username and a password that are authorized to use these queries?

Thanks in advance!

Janna