cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing / cost BRFPlus

0 Kudos

Hallo

can anyone explain the licensing prerequisites for using BRFPlus for :

1) integration of BRFPlus into custom built applications at an SAP customer's site (adding functionality to SAP HCM for example)

2) delivering tools/utlities that make use of BRFPlus as a product/service to SAP customers

- I've read somewhere that SAP NetWeaver Foundation is required for 2) but is that the case for 1) ?

- Is that a seperate license or part of the SAP Netweaver stack ?

- What is the typical cost of such a license if required seperately.

Any information is much appreciated !

Regards

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the moment BRFplus is licensed as follows:

In case natively integrated into an SAP standard application no additional license is required. This holds true for examples like Tax & Revenue Management (TRM) which requires BRFplus to be used.

In case customers do implement their own apps or do major enhancements with BRFplus they need the NW Foundation (for 3rd party) license. This license is based on CPUs.

0 Kudos

Thanks Carsten. Although BRFPlus is very impressive, from past experiences (like with Adobe Interactive) I suspect most customers will shy away from it due to the additional license requirement. It shame really, but that's the reality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that mean if with create a custom BRF+ application, we need a special license? I am a little unclear.

Our account manager said BRF+ was in the NW suite and required nothing extra.

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you have the NW Foundation license already. Consequently, you can use BRFplus at no extra costs.

This is like programming ABAP. When writing custom apps you need the NW license.

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Many customers have the NW FND license already and can therefore use BRFplus at no extra costs.

BR,

Carsten

0 Kudos

Hi Carsten

is the NW FND license a subset/part of the NW license ? I.e. as per your explanation above, "if one can program custom application in ABAP on the system, one is allowed to use BRFPlus for such custom applications" ?

or is BRFPlus (NW Foundation) license required on top of the NW license ?

Thanks again for your advice !

Regerds

Jan

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not a licensing expert but as to my knowledge in the ABAP server there is only one NW license which is nowadays called NW Foundation. There is a nother form of license to use some components of NW es part of an application. E.g. if your application makes use of SAP Workflow you can use the Workflow in the scope of this application without the NW Foundation license. You would need the NW Foundation license when you build workflows outside of the scope of the application you licensed. Same model applies to BRFplus.

Answers (0)