Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW system connecting to multiple ECC systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to BW world & has a question to Gurus

1. Can I connecte a single BW system to source from multiple ECC systems (activley) with out any technical issues ? I am assuming that the multiple ECC systems are pretty much mirror images.

2. If possible what are the areas ( at a high level) I need to double check to make this happen ?

Thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can. Please refer to the document below.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35991

Thanks,

Samir

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make connection with Multiple ECC systems without any issues

1. You can add source system objects in BW system in most of the places say master data and transaction data to identify the data source system

2. Check dependency on transaction data whether data is also getting transferred to any other system

3. Check dependency within systems if some sequencing needs to be followed

4. Check whether ECC system are loading to any other BW systems.

Thanks and regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Yes, you can connect multiple ECC systems to one BI system in one of my project we had more than 20 ECC systems connected to BI Production system.

How this works is because source system and BI system has got different provisions for that,

1) For connecting different systems you simply need to create RFC connection between them. After the RFC is formed you can load data from any of the systems.

How BI system differentiate similar data coming from these systems?

There is a field called 0SOURCE SYSTEM which is used as Compounding field, or primary key field where ever you have data loading from multiple systems, this field basically contains the 3 char source system ID and is used to differentiate records coming from different source system.

How delta is managed in this scenario?

In source system for each data source, a new delta queue is maintained for each target system.

Regards,

Durgesh.

former_member197078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Durgesh Gandewar,

Can you Forwared the document for the process you done for thr Multiple ecc integration

Regards

Sunil Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

1. Can I connecte a single BW system to source from multiple ECC systems (activley) with out any technical issues ? I am assuming that the multiple ECC systems are pretty much mirror images.

Yes You can create multiple ECC system to single BI system.

2. If possible what are the areas ( at a high level) I need to double check to make this happen ?

please refer the below thread

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

refer below thread

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/4e/4a75b87fe211d4b2c50050da4c74dc/frameset.htm]

[;

Thank,s