cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Crystal reports from Dev to QA using BW publisher.

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured BW Publisher both in Dev and QA environments and the process we are following is?

Dev:

1. Created Crystal report using SAP Toolbar on top of Bex query.

2. Save the report into SAP BW role

3. followed both procedures(Save directly to Enterprise and Unchecked the save to Enterprise)

4. Used class and Workbench Transport to save the report if I check Save directly to Enterprise option.

5. After saving into Dev, we are successfully Publish into Infoview.

after the above process going to SAP System and by using RSA1 checking the Transport connection selecting Objects and role.

WE are also using Customizing Transport for the role.

By Charm process transporting both the report and role to QA.

QA:

1. Logging into the QA system and see if the report is transported, We find that report is there but with different description name: Like below:

'No Description in Current Language (English)'

2. Selecting the report and click on Publish and getting the below error:

An Error Occurred While Synchronizing Folder Hierarchy for the role BU:925_000 (EAS 30001).

we also opened a OSS note.

here is the SAP Note we opened:

Now we have another problem.

1) We created a Crystal Report using the designer

2) Saved it via SAP Menu into BWS (Our Dev system).This is visible

published in /crystal/rptadmin

All works fine till this point.

Then we transport the Report and the related Role using RSA1 --> Transport

Connection. After the Import it to the Quality systems two problems:

1) The Report shows as 'No Description in Current Language (English)'

2) When we try the publish to the Enterprise server we get error:

0000000001 Unable to commit the changes to Enterprise. Reason: Failed to

commit objects to server :#Invalid object name.

Not sure how we can fix this..Can you please let us know are we not

carrying the transport right or missing anything.

Because when we from the Crystal Designer to the Quality(open the system)

and publish it works fine..so we suspect that its some problem with the

way we are carrying the transport.

Currently Using:

Crystal reports 2008

SAP KIT

BO XI 3.1

all 3 on same patch levels both in Dev and QA.

we suspect that its might be with the way we are carrying the transport or some security on the role.

Please help with more information.

Thanks,

Jothi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Created Crystal report using SAP Toolbar on top of Bex query.

3. followed both procedures(Save directly to Enterprise and Unchecked the save to Enterprise)

4. Used class and Workbench Transport to save the report if I check Save directly to Enterprise option.

>> that looks to me that you have once the report in BW and once in Enterprise before you publish.

You either save the report to BW and publish or you save it to Enterprise but there is no need to do both workflows.

Ingo

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thank you for the reply.

So you mean that

1. Open report from Crystal enterprise in QA and save it in role or publish it directly to BO reporistory?.

2. Don't need to login in QA SAP System and enter Crystal/rptadmin , select the report and then publish it frm there?.

Mainly we dont have rights in QA or production for the specific roles though.

what are security rights we need on the roles in QA and prod and Where is BW publisher come here actually?.

Kindly let me know the process and guide us further.

Thanks,

Jothi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what I meant is that based on your description:

---

Created Crystal report using SAP Toolbar on top of Bex query.

---

You are saving the report in BW and then you saved the report to the BOE server and you published the report from BW to BOE - means you have the report twice now.

ingo

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

We followed either one of the way.

Like saving report directly in a role and then publishing from Crystal/rptadmin.

or

saving directly to Enterprise.

after that using transports moving the report to QA enivonment.

We see the report in QA after logging in Workbench Admin but unable to publish it.

Pls let me know if i'm missing anything here.

Thanks,

Jyothi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you transport the object you need to make sure that you also transport the roles and the dependent objects

Ingo

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thank you for your reply,

We are selecting report and role as well and transporting them to QA.

When we loginto Content Workbench in QA environment we see that the transported Report name description as

'No Description in Current Language (English)' under the role along with Technical name.

When we still trying to select the report and clcik on publish then Error pops out.

'An Error Occurred While Synchronizing Folder Hierarchy for the role BU:925_000 (EAS 30001)'.

What could have we missed while Transporting Report and role?.

Pls enlight.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it does look like you are missing depending objects. I would suggest you open an OSS case.

ingo

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did opened a OSS note and they are still under analyzing Basic info.

What could be the additional objects to be selected along with role and report?.

Pls help.

Thanks,

Jyothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Please use Transaction pfcg on your Qdev machine, where you get the Message "No name in your language" and make a translation in all relevant data. You have to have a look with which langage the user account in the CMC -> Settings dialog and the BW-Publisher Service USer is run. If you made all "translations" you get the correct name. For the other 30001 Error. Please have a look at the Authorization Pane in CMC for SAP and see f the role is selected on the Role tab. If so, make sure that the BO Group SID~CLN@Groupname has all rights for the group itself.

If you are in CMC and on the Users and group tabs then please make sure that if you highlight the particular BW-group and go to the security settings, that you add the principal with the group name and give it full rights to itself.

This will hopefully solve your 30001 problem on the BO-System.

Did i get you right and you have more than one BO-System ?

Regards

Manfred

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ingo,

Sorry to get back to you so late,

We were trying again by Transporting the report along with Query and Role but we have couple of issues here:

1. It was successfuly saving in QA role and was showing the repot name but not the "Technical name"

2. Selected the report and click on Publish then at right bottom of the window on Crystal RPT workbench it displays "Program Publisher finished" without any errors and I dont see that report in the Infoview.

Can you please let us know if we are missing anything here.

Thanks a ton,

Jyothi.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. It was successfuly saving in QA role and was showing the repot name but not the "Technical name"

>> where did you try to see the technical name ?

2. Selected the report and click on Publish then at right bottom of the window on Crystal RPT workbench it displays "Program Publisher finished" without any errors and I dont see that report in the Infoview.

>> had the publishing in the QA system fully configured ?

thanks

Ingo

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I'm trying it in QA system after transporting the report.and Yes the QA system is fully configured.

Why the messsage "Program Publisher finished" and we are not able to see the report in Infoview.

I tried to filow your forum note on opening a CR from User menu but the below error. Basis team has already enabled the ce-url.

Unable to redirect to Business Objects Enterprise.

The following details were provided:

Invalid URL. No default system defined and both parameters bw_id and targetce are missing from:(ce_protcl):(DS)(ce_server)/(ce_path_pr)/viewreport.csp(Q)bw_id=&sap_sysid=(sysid)&sap_client=100&language=EN&sap-client=100

Pls advice further.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which clearly shows that the configuration is incomplete so I would suggest you go back to the installation guide and ensure that all steps are configured.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Which part of the Installation and configuration you are pointing out?.

Pls clarify.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the publishing integration. clearly the URL is incomplete when calling the report, which shows that some steps of the configuration are missing.

ingo

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We found that few transports are missing in QA sytsem and imported the same.

Migrated the new report and I see it in User Menu. While trying to open the report

here is the url :

http://wbwburqvbxwc1n2:8080/SAP/jsp/Action_Dispatch/dispatch.jsp?actionName=SAP_CrystalReport_View&s...

and I get an Error

An error has occurred: The argument has an invalid value

Any Suggessions pls?.

Thanks,

Jyothi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the last two arguments are still missing values.

Are you sure that all the web application have been deployed correctly ?

Do you see the roles that you used for publishing in the BOE Server ?

What happens when you open the report in Crystal Reports Designer, use the Save As from the SAP Toolbar and publish with a new name ?

Can you then call the report ?

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the last two arguments are still missing values.

What happens when you open the report in Crystal Reports Designer, use the Save As from the SAP Toolbar and publish with a new name ?

Hi Ingo,

To answer your questions,

--> Yes, as per my knowledge it is deployed correctly. Pls let me know what exactly it mean.

--> Roles are imported in BOE server.

--> I'm able to Publish the report if I save as and publish. Yes I can call the report too.

as per your advice we hae reconfigured the system and was missing something.

we opened OSS noted but not quite helpful. We are trying to finalise on this since months.

Pls advice us accordingly.

Thanks,

Jothi

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any suggessions pls?.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's the status of the Support message from last year?

There is a great wiki here which shows the best practice : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/LifeCycleManagementofCrystalReportsoff+BW

Regards,

H

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so are you saying a new report can be published and viewed ?

an existing report can be saved as a new and published and viewed ?

but you can not publish / view an existing report ?

Did you try to publish the existing report from the Content Admin Workbench (/crystal/rptadmin) ?

ingo

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

so are you saying a new report can be published and viewed ?

--> Yes we can able to publish if it is new report in Dev or QA system and view it.

an existing report can be saved as a new and published and viewed ?

-->Yes. Save As new report was viewd and published

but you can not publish / view an existing report ?

--> only the report which is trasnported from Dev to QA is not publishing or viewed

Did you try to publish the existing report from the Content Admin Workbench (/crystal/rptadmin) ?

---> Yes we are using Crystal\rptadmin only.

Please advice if we are missing anything here.

Why only the issue with Transported reports?.

Thanks

Jothi

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the link but we already went thru all Ingo's to do's and also the below link.

There is nothing we got a satisfied answer from Support person. Still they are finding a work around.

Just waiting fro them to get back with some soultion since 8 months.

Please guide us if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Jothi

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect that you are doing something fundamentally wrong during your change management, which is causing all these problems.. probably some unecessary step which is corrupting the integrity of your content

Regards,

H

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

What that could be though?.

Kindly specify the point and will find out the loop hole.

WE been struglling since months.

Pls guide to make this BW Publisher running.

Thanks

Jothi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you transport the reports are you also transporting all dependent objects like the roles ?

Ingo

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ingo,

Yes. Security team is transporting the role and i'm moving my report as a dependant object.

Pls advice

Thanks,

Jothi

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also see the technical name of the Transported report but not the description in QA system..

Is there anything specific that we need to select while trasporting the report?.

Pls advice

Thanks

Jothi

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any suggestions pls?.

Thanks

Jothi

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was going thru another link in forum and undertand that these role are created automatically after import CR to integrate BI and BO as per https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=999597&start=15&tstart=0

CRYSTAL_REPORTS

CRYSTAL_OPENSQL_ALL

CRYSTAL_NEW_REPORT

CRYSTAL_INFOSET_ALL

CRYSTAL_ENTITLEMENT

CRYSTAL_CONTENT_AWB

I dont see any of the roles created nor imported, are we missing anything here.

Pls auggest.

Thanks,

Jothi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

these are not roles.

As part of the SAP Integration there are a set of ABAP Transports that need to get imported to ensure the data access.

regards

Ingo

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ingo,

Yes, we do have those trasports available both in Dev and QA systems and unfrotunately still trying find a solution on BW Publisher.

It's been almost a 10 months being opened a OSS note.

Here is the OSS number for your reference.

"Unable to open the crystal reports from SAP GUI ( 945328 / 2011 )"

Pls advice what would be the exact proces of trasporting the report.

Does this message say that we need to select the report and queries to trasport where the queries are alreay been trasported.

anyway Role is moved by security team.

Also I see that report is not taking the Description of the report. Not sure why.

Let us know what would be the step we are missing here.

Thanks,

Jothi

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How could I know that these trasnports are available or not in the system though?.

CRYSTAL_REPORTS

CRYSTAL_OPENSQL_ALL

CRYSTAL_NEW_REPORT

CRYSTAL_INFOSET_ALL

CRYSTAL_ENTITLEMENT

CRYSTAL_CONTENT_AWB

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked that OSS, it was opened in November 2011. (4 months max)

Your OSS was transferred from BO to BW support team internally about 1 month ago, to "business content" "transport system" component BC-CTS

And has been on "Customer Action" awaiting your reply for ~3 weeks.

It is very much in your interest to reply before the ticket auto-closes.

Regards,

H

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

We started OSS Note on 02.08.2011. They requested to close this ticket to open another incident as the same SAP support person cannot handle multiple OSS notes and we requested a BO Integration support.

Migrate Crystal Reports to SAP based ( 634251 / 2011 ) - Last Communication was on 09-14-2011

Another OSS Note on 08-23-2011 u2013 unable to publish reports from QA BW Content Workbench Admin to Business Object Enterprise. Which is still open

Crystal Reports - BW Publisher ( 698301 / 2011 ) u2013 last communication was on 03.10.2011 and status open.

Corresponding OSS Note on opening Crystal report from SAP GUI opened on 11-08-2011 and still open

Unable to open the crystal reports from SAP GUI ( 945328 / 2011 ) -- Going to reply to the note once we trasport the report/role and queries as suggested by Maxim Pelevin.

Once we find a solution for 945328 then hopefully we can also be able to find an answer for 698301.

Can you advice how we can able to get Reference numbers of these Trasnports. Would like to know if they are available in system.

CRYSTAL_REPORTS

CRYSTAL_OPENSQL_ALL

CRYSTAL_NEW_REPORT

CRYSTAL_INFOSET_ALL

CRYSTAL_ENTITLEMENT

CRYSTAL_CONTENT_AWB

Thank you so much for your time and advices.

Jothi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

all the transports are documented with complete details as part of the Installation Guides for the software

regards

Ingo Hilgefort