cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fillable pdf form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wondering , is there a way to create a fillable PDF form using Crystal report 2008?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185028
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Feroz.

Since this is not specifically an SDK issue, we have moved your thread to the "SAP Crystal Reports Design" forum because the people who monitor that forum will have a better idea on the feasibility of what you require.

Regards.

- Robert

former_member185028
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Feroz.

Sorry, there is no way to make a fillable PDF form that is editable using the Crystal Report Designer. All that can be done is to create a Crystal Report and then export it to PDF format. That PDF form could then be printed and filled in manually.

Best regards.

- Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Robert,

Thanks for the reply. Can we use a fillable PDf (file) , and embade it in the crystal designer as an OLE object ? I tried that in the designer , and when double clicked on it , it opens uip the pdf file in the Acrobat reader, but after deploying to CMS, when I try to run it through infoview, it looks like an image , does not invoke pdf reader . Any thoughts on it .

Thanks

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

Yes, double-clicking a document that has been inserted as an OLE object does not invoke the application associated with it in InfoView.

When you insert a Word file as an OLE Object in the CR designer, you can open the doc in Word and edit it without having to re-import the doc. So, this is almost like editing the CR report!

Well, in InfoView as we know, a CR report cannot be editied so I feel the fact that it does not open the pdf in Adobe on double-clicking could be because the report cannot be edited per se.

Now, of couse, a pdf doc cannot be edited in Adobe reader too, so the pdf file opening in Adobe on double-clcking in CR designer could be just 'By design'.

-Hope this helps!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the requirement is to insert data into database, then try using webelements .Now,if the purpose is only to enter data in the forms and take printouts,then use a swf file.There are many pdf to swf converters available.

mahesh

Edited by: MaheshSudarsanan on Sep 17, 2011 2:53 PM