Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Date in FB60

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have an interface into SAP, which calls FB60 to post vendor invoices. Currently the posting date is defaulted as the current day. This works well until month end where for a few days the new period is opened, and the invoices need to be populated with posting date as first day of the next month.

Is there any BADI/User Exit that can be used with FB60, so we can modify the posting date.

Regards

9 REPLIES 9

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marsy,

<redundant exit farm removed by moderator>

This is the list of exits available in fb60 and there is a badi BADI_FDCB_SUBBAS01.

I have on e question you are calling this from which software.

Regards,

Madhu.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Sep 14, 2011 3:26 PM

0 Kudos

Madu

we are using ECC 6.0.

Will this BADI let the posting date be changed before the data is output on the selection screen ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should use the FI substitution

Max

0 Kudos

Max

we cannot use FI substitutions because where the posting date is in a closed period, the system issues an error message, before we can get to the substitution call up point.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi

Currently the posting date is defaulted as the current day

Where do you set the default date?

Sorry....stupid answer

The posting date is set by fm DOCHEADERFIELD_INIT, form GET_DEFAULTS...so at the end of this routine you can insert an enhancement in order to change the default posting date

Max

0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you.

We are going to pushing this back to the datasource, so they provide the correct date in the interface, rather the bespoking SAP.

Had we done this in SAP I think the BADI would have been our solution.

Max - out of professional curiousity I couldn't see an enhancement spot at the end of the GET_DEFAULTS routine. I am not a developer, so forgive me if this question is stupid, but would you modify the SAP program and create your own enhancement spot ?

Regards

0 Kudos

We are going to pushing this back to the datasource, so they provide the correct date in the interface, rather the bespoking SAP.

Had we done this in SAP I think the BADI would have been our solution.

I agree with you....if it's possible it's always better to solve the problem in the source

Max - out of professional curiousity I couldn't see an enhancement spot at the end of the GET_DEFAULTS routine. I am not a developer, so forgive me if this question is stupid, but would you modify the SAP program and create your own enhancement spot ?

Yes there's no standard enhancement there, so if it was necessary I would create my enhancement spot there.

It's very good chance, I've created several enhancement spot in the past and I had no problems while upgrading.

So it can be good solution, but it should not abuse about it

Max

0 Kudos

Yes there's no standard enhancement there, so if it was necessary I would create my enhancement spot there.

Hello Max,

Are you talking about implicit enhancements??

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

Yes of course....sorry

Max