cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Group Affecting Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

ERROR: "No customer master record exists with sold to party".

That is the error message when creting an SO using VA01.

I noticed one thing. I changed the customer's "customer group" (from XD02, Sales tab).

I changed it from value 10 to 60 and it the problem is gone I can already make SO with no problem.

I changed back the setting from 60 to 10 and surprisingly, the problem is gone too.

I tried using other combination like 20 to 40, 10 20 and it did the same--it can solved the issue even if you put back the original setting.

The behavior is confusing. Changing the "customer group" setting can make the problem totally gone and putting back the original setting works fine too. What is happening here. Please help me to understand. I have thousands of data to change if this is the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this case is solved.

solved by editing the any part of the description (under Partner Function tab, xd02).

after doing the LSMW for thousands of data, making an SO is never a problem.

thank you for the help Typewriter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Analysis & Theory

My inability to complete the Sales order(VA01) was caused by something I cannot fully understand. When you try to make "any" changes (be it address, customer group, shipping point) on the customer master window (XD02) and save it, after saving you will be able to complete the sales order without any problem.

Just like I said previously, I am suspecting something in the ABAP program (which uploaded this customer master), is causing this issue. I am seasonal .Net programmer and I am thinking that the ABAP program (during the upload process) is only recording the data straight to the database of SAP and that ABAP program is, maybe, not doing any required activity in order to connect things that should be interconnected. I maybe wrong with my theory, I am not an ABAP programmer.

My question: Is there any way to refresh the entire sales module so that the right settings can connect to each other (just like software installation on windows that requires to reboot the computer in order to refresh and complete installation)?

This is how I perceive the situation. I apologize if my question doesn't make sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having found that when you manually changed something on the customer master, I tested changing group of customers using LSMW. LSMW process went successful but the problem is still there.

I am not sure why when you manually change sommething on the customer master and then you save it, it will solve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typewriter,

We created a customer directly from XD01 and then made SO using VA01 -- no problem all the way.

It seems that the problem is on the upload program (custom abap program).

Thank you for giving your suggestion and veiwpoints.

Former Member
0 Kudos

first post directly related to this -- [clickme|;

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anwar,

after reading the other thread,

Please test as i suggested.

WithOUT any ABAP related transfer of CMR; just create a CMR with acc. gr 0001 and create sales orders & test.

then do some changes e.g. customer gr. and see if there are any other changes in the CMR. Test with creation of sales order.

If the above works fine. Then create new CMRs in SAP directly or

investigate the "upload program" created by ABAP and check this / test this by uploading 1,2 CMRs and doing intensive testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the tricky scenario:

I changed the Shipping condition to something else --- issue solved.

I put back the original setting of the shipping condition --- issue solved.

I guess something in the population of the ABAP program (because this customer master was uploaded by an abap program) is the one causing the issue because when you change something in the customer master, changes will be save and "maybe" something in the sap system is updated for the entire customer master.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First changes in cust. gr. made the error message "Customer does not have Sold To" go away. And now changes in Shipping conditions are making the error message go away.

With shipping cond. did you also change customer gr.?

This is risky and could lead to many unforeseen issues.

There should not be any changes in CMR (or any master record) except for THAT field changed. e.g. shipping cond. changed, that means ONLY that value should change and nothing else; unless programed for the business.

Gather all the customized coding done with regards to CMR. Also test intensively.

This is an important issue.

If possible give as much information here or contact someone from you implementation team (SD consultant) and investigate thoroughly.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typewriter thanks again for being here.

We have the same analysis. It seems that the error has nothing to do with the main issue.

In my previous thread (issue related to this. [clickhere|;), actually this is the continuation of that issue. I realized previous thread is not really solved. It was not the account group causing the issue.

It seems that the cause of the issue is the way the this customer master was populated in the database. This customer master was uploaded by an abap program (I maybe wrong). I will be checking it.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in one of your previous posts you mentioned that the Tab Partners was missing. Did this CMR have that issue?

did you add Tab Partners by configuring the required settings in your customer acc. gr; for this CMR?

i think the error message and the changes you are making in the cust. gr are not related.

i suggest you create a new CMR in XD01 with account gr. 0001. then test by creating a sales order.

things should work if you have created partner functions SP, SH, BP, PY correctly in your CMR.