cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMP vs C_PM_70

Former Member
0 Kudos

If one is to consider one of the project management courses, which one should it be? I think the PMP provides more of a general view - while SAP one is more technology/company specific. I am in favour of the pmp but i would like to get some opinions from gurus here

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In SAP our project managers attain both PMP certification to understand the generic PM process and C_PM_70 to understand the context of managing SAP projects. The PMP covers the generic PM process as defined in PMBOK, the C_PM_70 covers the context of SAP implementation as defined in ASAP methodology including use of SAP tools like SAP Solution Manager.

The two certifications have different purpose and can not be directly compared. C_PM_70 does not replace PMP and vice versa - they are complementary certifications.

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

Am not sure if SAP has cancelled the certification C_PM_70, as I don't see this code reflecting in pearson vue website/center.

Not sure if this certification has been terminated. I only see C_PM_71.
Wondering if you could throw some light on this,

Thanks,

janmusil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

I recommend you to look for the C_PM_71 that is based on ASAP 8. I believe the C_PM_70 has been discontinues as it is replaced with C_PM_71.

Best Regards, Jan

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: EKCANPM on Sep 26, 2011 11:58 PM