Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding custom search help exit to a standard search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i was looking at this sample code from below link and have to achieve similar requirement.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/CaseInsensitiveSearchHelpExitforMaterial+Group

can any one help me how the custom FM is attached to the standard Search help.

is there any way we can achieve this with out using access key?

regards,

Sumanth

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The wiki you have indicated explains how to assign the exit to the search heklp

I don't think you need an access key to uodate the search help....my system doesn't ask it to me

Max

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

There is no need of access key for the standard.We are appending the custom search to standard.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can just include this FM exit in SE11 ( in change mode), No need of access key.

Please check the following link

<link removed by moderator>

Thanks,

Leo

Moderator message: please do not post links to this site on SCN.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Sep 21, 2011 1:40 PM

0 Kudos

create a function module in se37.

In changing parameters declare:

SHLP TYPE SHLP_DESCR

CALLCONTROL TYPE DDSHF4CTRL

In tables declare:

SHLP_TAB TYPE SHLP_DESCT

RECORD_TAB LIKE SEAHLPRES

This function module will work as your exit.

Now give this FM name in the search help you have created.There is a filed called exit name there.Give it there.

Now do the coding according to requirement.Let me know if you need any details on that.

thanks,

Purvansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Kindly goto SE11 and select the search help,press F1 Search help exit field, then you will get more help.

Kindly follow those step create search help exit.

To add the custom search help exit in the standard help, you must need to take the acees key.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi uma,

You never need a access key in order to assign a custom exit FM to a search help. All you need is to go to se11 and enter in change mode for the search help and assign a newly created FM as explained in the wiki. While enetering into the change mode SAP will ask you make changes in Foreign name spaces and whether you want to maintain the texts in Original language or Logon language. Select the appropriate option for you and enter into the SHLP in Maintain mode.

CAUTION: If you have an already one exit assigned to any Search help by default make use of enhancement points in the Standard EXIT FM instead of copying the Standard exit FM to a z one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

I don't think we need access key to implement a search help exit. The search help exit is mainly used to filter the values you fetched from tables based on a few conditions. The logic will have to be written inside a function module and assign the function module in search help exit field. The function module parameters should be as mentioned int he F1 help of Search help exit field.

Hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Praveenkumar T