cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPExtractor - Java Issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have been trying to get our sapextractor.bat to work for some time now. In our latest attempt, the output of the extraction on the command line looks like this.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nakisa/framework/data/utility/CommandLineParser

at com.nakisa.sap.extractor.commandline.SAPExtractorCommandLine.<init><SAPExtractorCommandLine.java:73>

at com.nakisa.sap.extractor.commandline.SAPExtractorCommandLine.main<SAPExtractorCommandLine.java:65>

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nakisa.framework.data.utility.CommandLineParser

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run<URLClassLoader.java:261>

at java.security.AccessController.doPriviledged<Native Method>

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass<URLClassLoader.java:249>

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass<ClassLoader.java:362>

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass<Laucher.java:319>

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass<ClassLoader.java:307>

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal<ClassLoader.java:375>

. . . 2 more

---

Searching through some of these errors, it looks like I need to define classes inside CLASSPATH on my windows box. I am just not sure which classes need to be defined?

Has anyone seen anything similar to this that can lend a hand? I think we are close to getting our .bat file to run if we can get rid of these java errors.

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm the command you used?

I have seen this error when passing the ".jar" on the end of the 2 parameters below:

NakisaFrameworkBin

NakisaTrollBin

Version important as Luke says!

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry about that! I am used to reading the boards, not posting on them. But this is a pretty annoying issue so I need to seek advice.

Our version is 3.0 SP1.

Here is the contents of our 'extraction.bat', this essentially kicks off the sapextractor.bat, amongst other things.

E:\usr\sap\N1Q\J01\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root\sapextractor.bat E:\usr\sap\N1Q\J01\j2ee\JSPM\sapjvm\jre\bin E:\usr\sap\N1Q\J01\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root __000__NS_OC_16 E:\usr\sap\SAPJCO\sapjco.jar FrameworkBin NakisaTrollBin true true false

(if there are any noticeable errors that jump out at you with our command, please feel free to point it out)

Does 'FrameworkBin' need to say NakisaFrameworkBin?

Also, our sapextractor.bat is current in out of the box condition.

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a side note. I tried changing 'FrameworkBin' to 'NakisaFrameworkBin' and here is the output in the cmd. (Note: for TrollBin we are using NakisaTrollBin and for NakisaFrameworkBin we were told to use FrameworkBin.)

[Fatal Error] :-1 :-1: Premature end of file.

[Fatal Error] :-1 :-1: Premature end of file.

Using build path: __000_____000___NS_OC_16

Extract: True

Generating Analytics: false

Using joins: true

Loading Extractor Configuration:

E:\usr\sap\N1Q\J01\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root\.system\Admin_Config\___000_____000__NS_OC_16\SAPExtractor\extractorSchema

[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.

LoadExtractorSchemaConfig failed

I figured that I would post this output as well to see if anyone recognized getting this error, or the other one listed above.

Thanks again!

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you should use the full name of jar file as it is found in the WEB-INF\lib directory.

I would raise your issue on OSS issue as the command is executing but not doing what it should!

I have seen this error before with a client but we are just moving to SP2, so we never actually resolved this on SP1.

Stephen

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zach,

I have seen this error. It is either the bug in the SP1 extractor or there is an problem with mal-formed XML. Check your extractor configuration files to make sure they are well formed. If they are then your problem is almost certainly application-related. I would definitely open up an OSS message to get the patch unless you plan to upgrade to SP2.

Best regards,

Luke

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To rule out the malformed XML ... run via the Admin Console (Configure Staging - Start Extraction). I presume you have done this already.

If that works, then it sounds like OSS is the only route.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

If the XML is malformed the AdminConsole will read the default configuration, so this is not a solution regarding malformed files. I recommend checking the actual configuration files themselves because of the behaviour of the AdminConsole in 3.0. Of course, if no changes have been made the configuration files then this rules out malformed XML.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for all of your replies and tips. I am keeping track of your recommendations as well as what Nakisa is suggesting. Each time one option fails, I will try the next.

Here is an update where we are:

In the script, I changed FrameworkBin to NakisaFrameworkBin - Next, I substituted the build name we were trying to use for the one that is in the extractor example (SAP_SQL). This got passed the usual errors and attempted to extra something. There were many java related errors, and my Nakisa contact told me this was because SAP_SQL comes with Nakisa. I generated a log after running this and the log is automatically putting ___000___ in front of any provided build name you put in the script and trying to search that directory for the Extractorschema (please correct me if I am wrong). We were first using ___000___NS_OC_16 as our build, and when we generate a log with that as the build name, the log shows the script is trying to access ___000______000___NS_OC_16 as our build name. Obviously, that is one ___000___ too many. When I make the build name JUST The build name, not the actual directory name (NS_OC_16), it still errors out.

Have either of you seen this before?

here is the exact error in the log.

Using build path: ___000_____000__NS_OC_16

Extract: true

Generating Analytics: false

Using joins: true

Loading Extractor Configuration:

E:\usr\REMOVED FILE PATH FOR THIS POSTt\root\.system\Admin_Config\___000_____000__NS_OC_16\SAPExtractor\extractorSchema

LoadExtractorSchemaConfig failed

Edited by: davisz on Sep 23, 2011 8:04 PM

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend you ask fo the extactor patch. Nakisa provided this to me and it fixed the extractor issues that you are facing. It is a zip file that contains some replacement files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luke - My team and I wanted to try one more time with our current setup with someone from the product team at Nakisa on the call with us.

As of right now, it is working (double checking, but we think it has worked fully). The solution was in that we replaced the SAPCommandline.jar file and sapextractor.bat file with two that were fresh OTB. Then we went to the commands that we were entering and made sure everything was correct with no extra spaces (there were times spaces were coming out of no where when the file was edited) and that there were no other small errors.

Next, instead of trying to use ___000___ (3 _'s and 3 0's) before our build name, we just used what the directory was called upon creating the build in the AC. (which was __000__ (2 _'s and 3 0's)). We began testing to see if it was working, and where it may be breaking at by copy and pasting all of the lines that we had created directly into the cmd and running from there. Here is what our final cmds look like:

E:\FILEPATH\root\sapextractor.bat E:\FILEPATH\j2ee\JSPM\sapjvm\jre\bin E:\FILEPATH\root __000__BuildName E:\usr\sap\SAPJCO\sapjco.jar NakisaFrameworkBin NakisaTrollBin true true false

To go back to the first few questions and the title of the thread, there was no issues with java or anything of the sort.

Thanks for the help guys.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the Forum [Rules of Engagement|; where it specifies that you must specify what application or what version you are using. We cannot help you without this information. Please specify the details.

I can confirm that early versions of 3.0 and some versions of 3.0 SP1 have problems with the extractor and a SAP Extractor patch is required. For this you must raise an OSS message through SAP Support.

Best regards,

Luke