Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICNV for SCM table

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I started ICNV transaction for SCM/APO table /SAPAPO/BOPCSL. This table has more than 2Gb size. I decided to run ICNV because we are planning upgrade. So, the ICNV process is running since 19.09.2011 and it shows me that estimated time is:

/SAPAPO/BOPCSL Runs 0% 7617318 1 4/01/31 2/02/46 366/00/02

Also Gross and Net runtimes are growing periodicaly.

I tried to analyze situation described in note 558197, but according to this note everything is ok. I'm speculating on the time of the process and it seems that process will be running forever. All of my tries to interupt this process were unsuccessful, the system shows me messages like this "No entries can be removed at the moment", "Calculation of conversion progress triggered". The calculation status shows me "Not all the table sizes are yet known. Remaining runtime not yet known (computed automatically)". I'm not sure in point stop everything, because me previous try give me the current issue (Previously, before I choose stopeverthing, it run faster). Is it possible to interupt this process or fix the low performance?

Regards,

Artem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anybody tell me how I can be sure that process is running normally?

In sm50 I see:

Last SQL statement

UPDATE

"QCM2/SAPAP"

SET

"CNV_FLAG" = :A0

WHERE

"MANDT" = :A1 AND "TRGUID" = :A2 AND "POSGUID" = :A3#

Database Number Time (usec) Recs.

Direct Read 162 165.336 61

Sequential Read 1.584 130080567686 20.855

Insert 123 5.019.229 6.975

Update 114 *47483648- 7.003

Delete 8 59.308 15

Sources 2.039.200 (Bytes)

RSQL 5.699.370 (Bytes)

Commit 0

DB Procedure Calls 0 0

and at DB level (I see it via ST04) processes are running.

How can I find this table (QCM2/SAPAP)? Oracle doesn't show me any familiar tables in all_tables view, and SAP doesn't show me this table too...

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

P.S. ICNV still shows me /SAPAPO/BOPCSL Runs 0% 7617318 1 9/00/28 6/19/08 366/00/02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to see this statement under "shared cursor cache" on ST04, after you executed the statemen? If it is exist, you may check the execution plan of the statement and where it called from in the ABAP code. An index might be missing?? It may help to figure out the problem. On the other hand, it will be good to open a ticket to OSS about this issue.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun!

Thank you for reply!

Yes, I can see process in ST04, it called by job ICNV-SHEEP (programm RADILOOP). Execution plan shows me:

UPDATE
  "QCM2/SAPAP"
SET
  "CNV_FLAG" = :A0
WHERE
  "MANDT" = :A1 AND "TRGUID" = :A2 AND "POSGUID" = :A3#

UPDATE STATEMENT ( Estimated Costs = 4 , Estimated #Rows = 0 )

3 UPDATE QCM1/SAPAP

2 TABLE ACCESS BY INDEX ROWID QCM1/SAPAP
             ( Estim. Costs = 4 , Estim. #Rows = 1 )
             Estim. CPU-Costs = 29.399 Estim. IO-Costs = 4
             Filter Predicates

1 INDEX RANGE SCAN QCM1/SAPAPQCM
                 ( Estim. Costs = 3 , Estim. #Rows = 1 )
                 Search Columns: 1
                 Estim. CPU-Costs = 21.764 Estim. IO-Costs = 3
                 Access Predicates

And I can see that for this quiry 3 indexes exist:

UNIQUE     Index     /SAPAPO/BOPCSL~0
MANDT
TRGUID
POSGUID

NONUNIQUE  Index     /SAPAPO/BOPCSL~ITM
MANDT
POSGUID

NONUNIQUE  Index     QCM1/SAPAPQCM
MANDT
CNV_FLAG

As I see it would be better that the other index will be used - not QCM1/SAPAPQCM, but /SAPAPO/BOPCSL~0. Are you agree? If yes, I don't know how to change this index online.

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> As I see it would be better that the other index will be used - not QCM1/SAPAPQCM, but /SAPAPO/BOPCSL~0. Are you agree? If yes, I don't know how to change this index online.

From the data read performance point of view, you are exactly correct. There's no way to change index use, online. So, as I noted previously open a ticket to OSS in order to investigate the issue on the site.

Did you updated the optimizer stats on DB13?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Sep 28, 2011 1:15 PM

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Orkun,

Yes, I have done Check and updated statistics, but it doesn't help. Anyway, I marked your answer as very helpful.

Do you know how interrupt my ICNV process correctly?

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you Orkun,

> Yes, I have done Check and updated statistics, but it doesn't help. Anyway, I marked your answer as very helpful.

> Do you know how interrupt my ICNV process correctly?

>

> Regards,

> Artem

Do you want to rollback whole the operation? Or want to interrupt?

If you ask rollback, as far as I know that it is not possible but, I am not sure. You should be able to stop the ICNV process by 'Control -> Data transfer -> Stop' menu path.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I've tried it, but how could I delete all entries in my ICNV, how to get "innocence ICNV-screen"? I've tried different ways to stop everything and delete, but it doesn't help, I can't delete and add anything. And thus I worry about my futher upgrade process. When upgrade process reach phase ICNV it may be interupted with error... That's why I'm trying to pull this hanging query to prevent any problems in future

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> I worry about my futher upgrade process. When upgrade process reach phase ICNV it may be interupted with error...

I suggest you open a note to OSS. Additioanlly, check the note 303935 - Repeating the IMPORT module for ICNV in upgrade. It may help to you.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Orkun for tight help!

Regards,

Artem