Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture Transaction Launcher - External URL in CRM WEB UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have designed a Transaction launcher to display external Portal

Now I navigate through this external portal pages which will add certain parameters/cookies to the portal URL.

I need to capture these external parameters in CRM web UI .

Please let me know if it is feasible and if yes how to acheive it.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Defenitly it is possible, we can achieve this by defining Exporting parameters while configuring Transaction launcher through wizard.

Step 1 : When you define the URL from spro , there you will have option to specify Import and Export parameters, Import parameters are used to pass values to URL and Export parameter values are used to get the values from URL .

Step 2: while configuring Transaction launcher through wizard specify where you want to store this returned values .

Thanks & Regardss

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Raj.

Sorry for late response gt engaged in other tasks.

I have tried using Import / Export Parameter. However I am facing a problem in retreiving the value for the export parameter.

My URl for TL is : http://abc.org.in/Default.aspx?SessionID=11111

when I navigate through the site and select a particular program this parameter is attached to the URL :

http://abc.org.in/Default.aspx?SessionID=11111&ProgramId = 1234

I need to get this ProgramId in my CRM system so i have set ProgramId as an export Paramter while defining the URL.

The handler class for the TL has method IF_CRM_IC_ACTION_HANDLER~PROCESS_RETURN for retreiving the value of export parameter but this method is never called when I exit from the TL using Back Button on the CRM WEB UI Screen.

My Handler class inherits CL_CRM_UI_LTX_ABSTRACT_URL class which does not have any method for accessing the activity clipboard to access these export parameter values .

Could you please guide me on how to capture these values.

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

I am having the similar Issue..Do you know the solution for this..

Thanks,

Sar..

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

in order to capture information from the external web page / portal you need to create some kind of call back in SAP CRM. This call back then needs to be invoked from the external web site / portal and pass the required parameters to SAP CRM.

One approach to solve this issue could be via direct navigation to a component / object. See this blog for an example:

You could try to implement a custom object mapper and read the required URL parameters in this object mapper.

Best,

Christian