4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 2:50 PM by Alain BACCHI RSS

Mandatory fields in Customer Master and Vendor Master

Julian Glass
Currently Being Moderated

I'm looking for a list of mandatory fields for the above masters - Table and field name and description. I realise that we are likely to add some business rules for other fields to make them mandatory but at this stage I just need those that are needed to enable a default master record to be created for Customer and Vendor

Thanks

• Re: Mandatory fields in Customer Master and Vendor Master
    Atif Farooq

Hi:

Welcome to SDN....Just a hint...mandatory fields in customer and vendor master varies from organization to organization. However for customer master data mandatory fields you can look at the Field status group of standard account group provided by SAP 0001in OBD2..Just drill to every area and its sub area like General data,Co code data and Sales Data .. There you will be able to see the list of fields set as Required entry. Same thing can be found in OBD3 for vendors master data. I hope it will help you.

Regards

• Re: Mandatory fields in Customer Master and Vendor Master
    Krishna Chaitanya Reddy Katakam

Hi,

Depends on requirements, you can define the fields as required or optional.

Please help yourself, by drilling down to

IMG>Logistics general>Business partner>Vendor>Define account grp and field selection (Tcode-OMSG)

Select the account group whihc is relevent to your requorement and then click on details

In field status you select the field group you want to change for example Client level data you can click on Genearal data

Modify the fields accordingly...

For Customer it is# IMG -> Logistics General -> Business Partner -> Customers -> Control-->Define A/C Grps and field selections for customers

BR,

Krishna

Actions