cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in removing ODBC data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to implement connectivity between Advanced Analysis and SAP HANA, I intended to install the SAP HANA client tools, and accidentally installed the 64 bit version. When I discovered the mistake, I installed the 32 bit version without uninstalling the 64 bit driver. Then I created data sources using both the HANAODBC and HANAODBC32 drivers in the USER DSN and SYSTEM DSN tabs respectively of ODBC configuration.

Some days later, I wanted to uninstall both the drivers using the hdbuninst.exe command - and after running it for both, I was able to remove the 64 bit ODBC data source that I had created. But I cannot remove the 32 bit ODBC connection. The error it gives me is "The setup routines for HDBODBC32 ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall the driver" followed by "Errors Found: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and the Application".

I assume this is because I installed the driver with one version and try to install with another version (another SP) of software. Unfortunately, I have lost the previous version software dump. Reinstalling the driver from another spoftware dump and trying to remove the data source from User DSN also does not work. Any suggestions how I can remove the 32 bit ODBC data source?

Best Regards

Suneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I found the solution.

odbcad32 itself is of two variants - one at %windir%\system32\odbcad32.exe (which is the 64 bit version) and the other is at c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe (which is the 32 bit version).

When the correct version of odbcad32.exe is used, the drivers work on expected lines.

Regards

Suneet

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Suneet, thank you for sharing solution along with the question! Btw, it seems you are a step ahead playing with HANA 1.5 already Cheers. -Vitaliy

0 Kudos

Thanks Vitaliy! Have a nice day!

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you..

0 Kudos

And specifically the error I see in the log files while unistalling the 32 bit client driver is:

SAP HANA Database Installation Manager - Uninstallation 1.50.00.354448

17:09:36.160 - INFO: Uninstalling SAP HANA Database Client...

17:09:36.185 - ERR: Uninstallation failed

17:09:36.184 - ERR: Cannot open installation exclusively

17:09:36.184 - ERR: Cannot open install registry

17:09:36.184 - ERR: InstallRegistry file is not open

Regards

Suneet