cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update equipment address

kerem_kayacan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm an ABAP developer and I'm trying to update equipment address (especially coordinates) in an ABAP program. I tried to debug CRM Web UI application and implement the same code in my program but it doesn't work.

Basically I'm using function modules COM_IOBJ_LOCAT_ADDR_STORE, ADDR_SINGLE_SAVE and COM_COM_LOCAT_ADDR_SAVE_DB. Obviously I have something missing but I wasn't able to determine what's it.

[Screenshot of WEB UI where I try to update (Accounts & Products > Equipments > Address)|http://i54.tinypic.com/2ev6kk5.jpg]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

May i know how you solved the above problem.

Kindly share your solution.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ravi

kerem_kayacan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Unfortunately I couldn't solve it. I handed this over to a more experienced developer and didn't follow up.

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the class:  cl_ibase_service, if it has any relevent method to solve this.

Thanks,

Sandeep

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

We already checked the base class. There they are creating the new address and inserting in the ADRC table and assigning that address number to the component. We have tried to follow the same way but we are not able to succeed.

Finally we are using the BOL relations to update the address details after component creation.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you are able to do it with GenIL/BOL..that would be the best. However, we prefer to use BOL only from WebUI. So, I hope you are using this only in WebUI Components, and not from any BAdI's or Proxy's.

And the FM's/Classes should definitely work, from my experience.

Did you try tracing all the FM's/Classes and the sequence being called...by doing your exercise manually?

If not, you can try that...even your problem is solved, it would help you in future.

Thanks,

Sandeep

RaviTejaGuptha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

Yes, I am using the logic in Web UI components only.

When we tried manually the FM which we are using to create the component is not getting triggered.

And we have tried to find the common FM in the trace, but this attempt was unsuccessful.

Thanks for your inputs.

Cheers,

Ravi

0 Kudos

We used these steps to updated address view data in an IBASE in SAP ECC: CALL FUNCTION 'IB_CONVERT_INTO_TIMESTAMP' CALL FUNCTION 'IB_COM_NEW' CALL FUNCTION 'IB_COM_GET_ENGINE_INTERFACE' to get{O:33*\CLASS=CL_IBASE_ENGINE} CALL METHOD i_r_address->read_ibase For ADDRESS CREATION: CALL FUNCTION 'ADDR_INSERT' Then call  i_r_address->create_ibase( i_handle = l_addr_rec-handle i_ibase = i_ibase ). For Address update: CALL FUNCTION 'ADDR_UPDATE' Then call  i_r_address->update( l_t_address ). To save we use: CALL FUNCTION 'IB_COM_SAVE_AND_FREE' Regards, Luis