cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Support Packs for EHP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our ECC 6.0 EHP4 system is at SPS7. We need to put in the year end HR patches which would talke it from hr patch 27 to 40 (yet to be released). I have a couple questions

do we have to go to SPS09. That might require much more extensive testing then if we do just the HR packages. If we do only the HR packages, it also calculates some other packages are needed at patch 8 level for sap_aba, sap_basis, sap_bw, and a few others. Those would have to go in per spam.

We have ess/mss in a nw701 portal, and it looks like from the release notes if you go to EHP sps09, you have to upgrade ess/mss java compontes to a 7.3 portal. How can we tell if a ess/mss business package needs to be upgraded in the above scenario.

Would any other connected systems need patching such as mdm, BI abap 7.01sps5. CRM, SRM

You don't need to answer these, but I am having a hard time finding notes that say what needs to be updated in other environments if you do EHP4 support packs. Do you have any links?

Thanks, Pat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_kumar1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

Please refer this link to know the patch levels required.

The patch combination should be given to Solution manager via MOPZ which is better way to get rid of compatibilty issues.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/HOW%20TO%20GET%20RID%20OF%2

0SP%20STACK%20MISMATCH%20ISSUES

Refer this SAP note

1165437 Enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP: Required support packages

'SAP ECC 6.0 and subsequent releases will automatically contain all

integration interfaces that so far have been contained in the SAP R/3

Plug-In and that ensured the technical integration with other SAP

Components.'

1. Support package upgrade for the system can be done independently

for both BI and ECC system.

2. You need to check the dependencies only within the system ECC or

BI system.

If the source is a just an ECC system ie. not XI or Portal or SLD then

the SPSs are independent and there should be no compatability

issues whatsoever with just upgrading the BI system.

Interconnectivity is provided via PI_BASIS in abap which can

exist with lower SP levels on the ECC side.

If you plan to update the BI system SP levels then you can check this

link upgrade dependency analyzer

http://service.sap.com/uda

Let me know if this does not help.

Regards,

Naveen.

Edited by: Naveen Kumar on Sep 29, 2011 8:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Naveen,

I saw the note and wiki page. The problem with that page is it stops at EHP4/SPS7. And we have to go to higher than that to get the year-end HR patches. Our preference is not to put sps9 on, but instead to put the minimum on. SPAM calculates a que that does requre updating sap_basis, sap_aba, sap_bw to patch 8, but we would leave sap_ap and others at 7.

Unfortunately that note stops at SPS7. If i use mopz, it will give a list including all of SPS09. And the queue information button provides a list that makes it look like XSS would need to be 7.3. What i can't tell, is XSS tied to SAP_AP or SAP_HR? I'm still not sure if we can do the minimum approach and how that affects ess/mss (XSS).

Thank you for confirm that BW/ECC support package levels are not tied to each other. That is what I though, but could not find a reference.

Thanks, Pat

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its always recommended to do SP Stack upgrade instead of individual component upgrade. But if you are planning to upgrade to EHP4 SPS9 then its not mandatory to have NW 7.3 on portal system. You can check SAP note 1425556.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny, the note descibes the stack prerequisites for HR support packs. I did not see anthing about affects on ess/mss.

Did you find this somewhere else? What I was looking at was the stack contents in mopz that showed XSS as 7.3. I'd be very happy not to upgrade that at this time, but was looking for something that showed that in a note.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no XSS 7.3. Latest XSS/MSS business packages releases are 1.5. Check SAP note 1303362.

Thanks

Sunny