cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Under the SAP IMG -> Cross Application component, there is a function named, Business Partner Types. Can you please explain me what is the use of this in real time. Please explain this with real time example.

Thanks

Edited by: Navneet Singh Rana on Sep 29, 2011 2:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

The BP types can be assigned to BP to further classify your BP's. For instance you could have a scenario where in you have three types of BP types Gold,Silver,Platinum. If a Sales/Service person is to create  a sales/service agreement then they need not create it for individual BPs' rather it can be created and assigned to a BP type of either gold/silver/platinum and then the agreements will correspond to the BP's which have this BP type defined.

It can be used differently in different situations. I've just given you an example. how we can make use of BP type.

Regards,

Faraz

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

there is no standard bp types given by sap.

here we use bp type according to client requirement

lets take example

we have an automobile company hero honda.it used to do business through dealer & stockist.

here we can make dealer & stockist as bp type

joaquin_fornas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, I'll try to be as clear as possible

BP types mean the classes of BPs that you segment in your company. SAP delivers 2 "dummy" types, but you must create your own. Depending on the business partner type, you will be able to hide or show certain fields in your BP screen, making easier access to the information for backend or front office agents.

Now, imagine you work in a Sales Office. You have premium customers and non-premium customers. For premium customers, you want a BP screen where you can see their special features (such as, say, the monthly income), and for non-premium, you don't want to show these features. In this case you would define ZVIP and ZNON partner types and, in another customizing task, you will be able to define which fields are visible display only or mandatory for your ZVIP and ZNON customers.

When you create a BP, you assign the ZVIP or ZNON so system can show certain fields or not.

I hope it was clear enough

Joaquin

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to assign the business partner types while creating a Bp? Can u explain this last part

Former Member

option to assign BP types will appear under tab "Control" .

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the business partner type to group business partners according to your own criteria