cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2011 cannot connect to Salesforce - Unexpected Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to connect to salesforce from Cystal Reports 2011. I get a dialogue saying

Failed to Open the connection

Details:Unexpected Error

-I have increased the JVMMaxHeap in CRCONFIG.XML to 512000000

-I have appended the security token to the password

-I am not going through a proxy server

I am able to login successfully to the salesforce account using Crystal Reports 2008.

In order to narrow the issue down and exclude any issues related to custom objects on our corporate acount I created a clean , out of the box dev account on salesforce. Again I can connect to it with 2008 but not 2011 on whcih I get the same error

I can verify that a login succesfully occured in salesforce, the login in history shows the connections are being made.

In order to reproduce simply create a salesforce dev account, install CR 2011 SP02 and attempt to create a database connection to the salesforce account

Crystal Reports Log is as follows

011-9-30-15-14-27	10176	.\xml.cpp	112	Leaving DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-27	10176	.\jdbc.cpp	172	Leaving DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-27	10176	.\crdb_sforce.cpp	127	Leaving DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-27	10176	.\javabeans.cpp	113	In DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-27	10176	.\javabeans.cpp	136	Leaving DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-27	10176	.\xml.cpp	112	Leaving DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-27	10176	.\jdbc.cpp	172	Leaving DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-27	10176	.\crdb_sforce.cpp	127	Leaving DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-27	10176	.\javabeans.cpp	113	In DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-27	10176	.\javabeans.cpp	136	Leaving DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-32	10176	.\crdb_sforce.cpp	464	The ErrorArray exception thrown from the function DbLogonServer()	1

2011-9-30-15-14-32	10176	.\crdb_sforce.cpp	661	In DbFreeLogonInfo()	20

2011-9-30-15-14-32	10176	.\crdb_sforce.cpp	667	Leaving DbFreeLogonInfo()	20

2011-9-30-15-14-32	10176	.\crdb_sforce.cpp	2567	In DbFreeErrorInfo()	20

2011-9-30-15-14-32	10176	.\crdb_sforce.cpp	2570	Leaving DbFreeErrorInfo()	20

2011-9-30-15-14-32	10176	..\cserrinf.cpp	523	Error 31837 (..\..\src\data\queryenghelp.cpp, 554): Failed to open the connection.: Unexpected error	1

2011-9-30-15-14-51	10176	.\javabeans.cpp	113	In DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-51	10176	.\javabeans.cpp	136	Leaving DllMain() 	20

2011-9-30-15-14-51	10176	.\crdb_sforce.cpp	127	Leaving DllMain() 	20

Any other ideas on what I can try here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm seeing the very same problem in CR2011. Log file is the same - everything seems fine in the log until

.\crdb_sforce.cpp 464 The ErrorArray exception thrown ...

I've replaced the two jar files as described, but still have the same issue. I'm sure that the authentication is fine, as I receive a "user / password incorrect" message when I attempt with a bad user ID or password.

Are there any other suggestions to get this operational? I am dead in the water without this...

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Could you please confirm the version number of the Crystal Reports? Is it 14.0.2....?

Could you also make sure two files are copied to the correct location, have .jar extension and file sizes are 140 Kb and 506 bytes.

What did you do with old files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just reapplied the files again and it is working, so I am sure this was user error on my part. Thank you very much for the quick response, Vitaly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vitaly,

I'm having the same problem. My version of CR 2011 is 14.0.2.364 RTM. I've tried applying the file changes you suggested above twice but to no avail. Is there anything else you can suggest to solve this issue?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

-Carlos

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Carlos,

If you have exactly the same error then I would suggest the same as before:

make sure two files are copied to the correct location, have .jar extension and file sizes are 140 Kb and 506 bytes.

and ...external.jar in External Folder.

It should resolve if you were able to connect beefore the upgrade to SP02. If you never connected before then there could be other reasons.

Vitaly

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

.jar files could be found attached to the relevant SAP KBA: [https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1639310]

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I am just curious.

The solution jar files are uploaded to FTP server and also attached to the SAP Note 1639310: [https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1639310]

The preferable option is to download from the SAP Note, but I am still getting notifications that files are downloaded from the ftp.

Are there any problems accessing or getting files from the SAP Note?

Thanks!

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Good news!

The issue has been fixed in SP 0.2.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no Service Pack 2 available as far as I can see; there is Support Pack2 to download.

The 2 .jar files are not working too. I tried to download crystal reports 2008 to get the files but it was not available.

Please help!

Amir

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Amir,

According to new terminology:

u2022 There are no Service Packs. The closest thing is a Minor Version

u2022 There are no Fix Packs. The closest thing is a Support Pack

u2022 There are no LA Fixes. The closest thing is a Critical Patch

By saying SP 02.10 I was referencing to Support Pack 02 Patch level 10

If you do not have access to Service Market Place, then jar files should help if you carefully follow all the steps I mentioned before.

Please do not use CR 2008 files, you can get yourself in more complicated situation because of Salesforce.com API level support differences.

Vitaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having this same problem it appears. I'm using v. 14.0.2.364 RTM. The above referenced jar files do not seem to be accessible any longer, and when I run "Check for Updates", I appear to have the latest version. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running the same build and have the same issue.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sean

Please open the CR Designer and go to the Help menu. Select About..., let me kow the exact version reported there.

What have you done so far to resolve the issue?

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaly,

Yes, there is a problem getting the file from the SAP note: If you do not have a SAP installation number you can't register for the SAP service marketplace - and then you can't access the SAP note.

Can you please re-upload the files to the FTP site?

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't access the link, it require login?  Where can i download the jar files without login?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger

What exactly are you trying to download?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm having the same issue. i cant get to the .jar files mentioned or any of the SPs mentioned either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me too. Used to be able to connect to Salesforce, but now i get the "unexpected error".

Cannot access the .jar files because i do not have a SAP login.

Found the solution in Salesforce support pages: Append the salesforce security token to password when logging in through Crystal.

I never had to do this before - I suspect our IT have made changes in salesforce security settings. But it works.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Where & how to obtain the previously referenced SP? (sorry for the Noob question, but having the same issue).

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Currently the patch is available on Service Market Place. If you have S-user Id to login to SMP, then you would find it in the download section for Crystal Reports 2011.

If you do not have access to SMP, then I would suggest to use above mentioned workaround solution to replace jar files.

Vitaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vitaly,

Thanks for your email.

First I think it is totally ridiculous that you need to have a support contract with SAP to be able to access the market place. I spent couple of hours with UK and US support team and found it really disappointing not to be able to download patches and hot fixes while I have already paid for a legit license key.

But,

The good news is that I managed to solve the problem for now.

I installed a XP virtual machine and installed Crystal Report 2008 and managed to get the CRDBSForceServer.jar and put in the right place:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib

On my Windows 7

I did not need to do replace CRDBSForceExternal.jar

Amir

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Congratulations! Amir,

1. The reason why I did not recomend to use CR 2008 is because earlier version of CR 2008 supported SFDC API level 13, but after SP it supports SFDC API level 20. CR 2011 supports API 20 from the RTM version. Wrong jar file may cause more issues.

2. Support Packs are properly tested for regression and should be more reliable than Patches. Patches are critical fixes and tested for limited scenario. This is one of the reasons why the Support Packs available for all licensed users, but Patches only for customers with support contract. This is the way the support system works now.

3. Why did you have to download and install CR 2008 to get jar files. Do you have any problems loading it from the FTP location I posted or from the SAP note?

Vitaly

P.S. We do support side by side installation - you can have CR 2008 and CR 2011 on the same machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently downloaded Crystal Reports 2011 for the purposes of connecting to SFDC, and I have read the entire thread in order to solve the problem and see that there is a fix on the "Service Marketplace" however, this is my first experience with Crystal and I do not know where that is - can you please send a link to the fix?

Also, this does solve the problem where -

I've attempted to connect with my password and the security token attached

I'm not using a proxy

and I've updated the CRConfig.xml so that JVMMaxHeap is increased to 512000000

When I log into SF application, it shows me as connecting, but I'm receiving an "Unexpected Error" java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

I have no prior versions of Crystal Reports installed.

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Let's not mix all Crystal Reports of salesforce.com issues together.

This thread is for Crystal Reports 2011 SP 02 regression issue and specific symptoms are:

Failed to Open the connection

Details:Unexpected Error

"hymescs" In your case the error message is different. Please create a new thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The attached files to the post did not work and links were either broken or asked for username and password. On the other side I needed to get this done quickly while had wasted a lot of time on the phone with SAP support.

I tried to attached the file to my post but I could not find a "Attach" button.

Amir

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks, Amir,

The old ftp link has been expired and I re-uploaded it again. Should be good for the next 100 days. Hope by that time SP 03 would be released and available for all licensed users.

Thank you again,

Vitaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

and I found this website for SPs, Patches and etc. which could be useful as well:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

Amir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded the two new files. Looking in my hard drive, I only had the CRDBSFForceServer.jar.  I changed the extension type as suggested, and replaced with the new version.  I also placed the CRDBSForceExternal.jar file in there as well.  I still received the same error when entering my SalesForce Login credentials, when trying to make the connection to SalesForce.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I downloaded a trial version of Crystal Reports specifically for reporting on our Salesforce.com data. I got the "unexpected error" when attempting to connect, and turned to the support pages and found this thread. Glad to see that there is a workaround and a solution to this issue but...

I can't download the .jar files because they require login to the support marketplace. And I can't create a login to the markteplace because i do not have a SAP installation number!

So how can i get fix to this problem before my Crystal Reports trial period expires?

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. is there a solution yet?

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The issue has been escalated as a regression bug.

As a workaround I replaced the SFORCE jar files with original RTM version and was able to connect.

See both .jar files attached

All you need to do is to replace the following files on your machine with attached ones:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects
SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java/lib/CRDBSForceServer.jar;

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects
SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java/lib/external/CRDBSForceExternal.jar;

I would suggest renaming extension of original files instead of complete replacing.

Please note, both folders may be protected, so you need to right-click the folder, go to security tab and Grant Full Control to the User.

As I said it work for me and it is going to be a temporary solution. Developers should fix it for the next patches.

Vitaly

Edited by: Vitaly Izmaylov on Jan 31, 2012 3:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to download the .jar files you list the download as zip files and they are empty.

Can you check your links?

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

There should not be any difference in CR 2011 and CR 2008 SP3 salesforce.com connectivity.

As the first steps I would suggest to compare SFDC configuration in both CRCONFIG.XML files.

Let me know if the configuration is identical and I will contact you for further troubleshooting.

Vitaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaly

I did some further playing based on the information you provided; that it should not differ between 2008 and 2011. I currently have both Crystal 2008 SP3 and 2011 SP2 installed so I went through and looked at the CRConfig files for both applications and could not see any major differences other then where they configure as the JVM and classpath.

I have managed to get Crystal 2011 to connect to salesforce after making one small edit to the 2011 CRConfig, changing the classpath to use the 2008 version of CRDBSForceServer.jar

I removed the entry within classpath for the CR2011 CRDBSForceServer.jar

F:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects 4
SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java/lib/CRDBSForceServer.jar;

and replaced it to point at the 2008 version

F:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBSForceServer.jar;

When I do this I am able to establish a connection to the salesforce DB without any other changes in the CRConfig. This does not solve my problem as I am still unable to run a deployed version of the report as I assume the latest 2011 version of the JAR is also part of the BO4 server and is getting the same connection problem on the server side but this may narrow it down enough for you to be able to provide further clarification on what the issue is.

thanks,

Brendan

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Brendan,

I reproduced the problem in CR 2011 SP2 on my Windows 7 machine.

I am not sure if the OS is relevant, by I succesfully connected CR 2011 to salesforce.com from XP machine few days back.

Actually it was not SP2, but just RTM.

Anyway, I will investigate the issue and let you know.

As a temporary solution you may try replacing jar files on the server if this is a test environment.

Vitaly