Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC for F-54

Former Member

Hi

I am trying to perform BDC for transaction F-54 (Clear Vendor Down Payment). On the second screen of the transaction, I have to select a row from the table display based on some criteria eg assignment = 'xxx'. Is it true that BDC would not be able to do this?

What alternatives do I have? Are there any BAPIs or function modules for this transaction?

Appreciate any tips. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would not recomment BDCs for the FI transactions (due to a number of reasons like COBL fields, item selection, as is your need). If you are attempting to automate the down payment clearing and are writing an ABAP program then I would recomment using RFBIBL00. I am not sure but it should be able to support F-54. Your program logic should be able to identify the down payment document number and RFBIBL00 would do the rest. This approach would eliminate the need for screens, fields and BDC logic, etc. Hope this helps.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must be careful with BDC. It´s a tool for loading data from an external source into SAP, therefore some processing of criteria is restricted or not possible.

You say you have to select a line from the table according to certain criteria. I assume that the information exists already in SAP (someone saved it before). In this case, this is not going to be possible to select the line, unless you can read the data that shows up in the table in order to apply your criteria per coding.

Now, if you had the information in an internal table, you can apply the selection criteria and then select the necessary line and process the BDC.

Try to use transaction SHDB for recording a transaction and then you can read the generated code for BDC and decide, whether it can help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to get the open items for the vendor into an internal table an then sort them in the same order as the transaction does (presumably by document number). Then, in your internal table, find the index of the line you want (say the fifth item). Then on the bottom entry field (Display Item) enter that position number and press enter. That should bring your item to the top. You then select it. Then use the same logic to process other items and then finish (post, I guess).

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would not recomment BDCs for the FI transactions (due to a number of reasons like COBL fields, item selection, as is your need). If you are attempting to automate the down payment clearing and are writing an ABAP program then I would recomment using RFBIBL00. I am not sure but it should be able to support F-54. Your program logic should be able to identify the down payment document number and RFBIBL00 would do the rest. This approach would eliminate the need for screens, fields and BDC logic, etc. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

According to the documentation for RFBIBL00:

Transactions supported
FB01  Post document
FBB1  Post foreign currency valuation
FBS1  Enter accrual/deferral document
FBV1  Park document
FB05  Post with clearing

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

I have solved my problem following your advices. Thanks for bringing my attention to RFBIBL00, it might come in useful next time. Points awarded to all.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem ...I need to select from the list generated for a Document Number the one corresponding to a particular Document Date.

Could you pls tell how you cracked your problem?

Code would be a definite add-on.

Regards,

Shweta Soni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Same requirement raised for me need to upload f-54 will you pls guide me how you have been solved this issue.

1.While uploading i had two issues one is in the invoice field its giving last posted value. how to keep that value blank

2.Second thing is how to select all visible line item in the next screen to clear.

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I know this post/issue has been here for a long long time. I am having the same requirement right now and was wondering if somebody found a way to crack this.

Your replies are highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Prashant Kamat