cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java SDK for Data Services 4.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to BB so excuse my ignorance and if I'm posting to the wrong forum. I'm am a little confused as to whether there is an SDK for Data Services, and in particular for 4.0. I know that DS publishes services in a wsdl which can be used to generate the java classes to interact with DS. Is this the only way or is there a java sdk? I have heard mention of possibly using the Web Services Consumer SDK, but is that for a BO Enterprise rather than Data Services? In looking at the Developer Guide for the Web Services Consumer, it appears to pertain to BO Enterprise? Clarification would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have solved your problem,can you tell me the method.thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thank you.

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Business Ojects suite of SDKs does not have any specific SDK for Data Services. The Web Services Consumer SDK is for Bo Enterprise, not for Data Services.

Here is a SDN wiki of Data services which has a section on Adapter SDK, it might help you.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/BusinessObjects%20Data%20Services%20Tips%20and%20Tricks

thanks

Aasavari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for confirming that the Web Services Consumer SDK does not pertain to Data Services. So if I wanted to interact with DS from a custom java application, is the best approach to generate the corresponding java classes from the DS wsdl?

Thanks

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

correct. You can use any IDE that can create the stub by looking at wsdl.