cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO COPA document for Billing in MTO Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For MTO Secnario we want the variances to be settleed at Production order level its happening.

Not settling anything to the Sales order.

1. But at the time of Sales order Invoice COPA document is not getting trigger

We have entire COPA (Costing Based) in place.

We dont want to settle Sales order to COPA as sales order dont have any cost.

I have gone through previous threads but didnot find suitable answer.

Can anyone please help on this

and kindly let us know what config we need to do to acheive it

Thansk,

Sudha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Ensure you are using Acct Assgn Category M and not E in your Sales Order... Check your Requirement class and make the changes

You will need to create a new Sales Order inorder to let the changes take efect

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thank you so much for the inputs our MTO works fine with this.

WE are using project systems to capture the special order cost in sometimes we want to seettle it to Sales order and calculate WIP related to that through sales order.

Can you please explain how this can be achieve.

Thanks,

Sudha

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to settle your WBS to sales Order... I guess you would be knowing this... Are you asking something elsse, which I could not understand?

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

you are right we need to settle it to Sales order.

But my question is if the sales order has any discounts, when we settle the sales order we want to settle the discounts also to COPA how to map this in settlement profile.

Discount is an exmple we may have some other components also, if AAC is M through condition types to value fields mapping all the values flow to COPA

My question is if the AAC is E then how we will map all the different components to COPA.

Thanks,

Sudha

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SD Cond type for discount must be mapped to a separtae cost element...

Upon billing, this would also post to the sales order... In your PA Trf Str assigned to the Sales Order's settlement profile, map this cost element to a Value Field and then Settle (VA88)

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

thank you so much for the inputs, really helpful.

if i am not wrong assigning the Condition types to Cost elements means secondary cost elements right.

can you please update me where i can assign these, meanwhile i will also do some search.

Thanks,

Sudha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then there is no way out.. you must hav 3 gl accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Sorry for asking no of qestions.

We have two scenarios both AAC E and AAC M for both Valuation is M.

AAC M also we aer using one GL for Discounts but based on different Condition types to Different value field mappings its woring fine.

In similar manner for AAC E we are using the same GL and will there be any way to devided this in COPA like our Variances.

Thanks,

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

My problem got resolved with your inputs.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Assigining the points.

Thanks,

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aay,

My problem resoved with your inputs.

thank you so much for the help.

Assiging the points.

thanks,

Sudha

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, its primary CE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

We have assigned condition type to value fields so Billing accounting documents the discount amount is getting posted to 40000011 account. we create CE with CEC 12

Finally can you please tell me where we need to assign Condition type to Cost element.

thanks,

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I am very glad that you are responding very promptly and to the point, its very helping us to go thourgh quickly.

I have another concern.

We have 3 kinds of discounts with three different condition types D1, D2 and D3 and mapped to value fields.

When the AAC M then along with FI accounting doc COPA gets trigger and the D1, D2 and D3 values are updated in three different fields.

When in case of AAC E and while VA88 am getting entire amount against one value field.

Can you please tell me how to devided at the time of VA88 and where i need to do my config.

Because am in middle of config it would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sudha

Hi Ajay,

We have assigned condition type to value fields so Billing accounting documents the discount amount is getting posted to 40000011 account. we create CE with CEC 12

Finally can you please tell me where we need to assign Condition type to Cost element.

thanks,

Sudha

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

create 3 assignments in your PA trf str - assign the cost elements to them and assign each to a separate Val field

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

We are using the only one GL account for all the discounts.

Can you please provide any inputs.

Thanks,

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

You have to do VA88 after doing the billing document. This generates the COPA document relevant to the billing document.

Best Regards

Vimal