cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy Value mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

how is the value mapping done in hierarchies?

My source file is only comming with the leaf node value and when i try to do a value mapping

all my mapping are getting over mapped/not getting mapped properly

ex

abc

def

ghi

so in value mapping all my 01 are getting mapped randomly to 01 in ,

which should not happen or I will have to do it manually... which is a big pain.

pls help me understand hierarchy mapping and import process.

rgds,

ve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

It seems like you have two level of hierarchy. So set your source file with two fields as shown below:

Level1 | Level2

abc | 01

abc | 02

abc | 03

def | 01

def | 02

ghi | 01

ghi | 01

Now further using Partiton Field/Value concept, you can import it. Please refer this below article for more details:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e122d4-40ab-2a10-4a82-fe7db431f...

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandeep/Shambu,

ex.

-

parent

-

child 1

-

child 2

currently in my source file only child 2 is comming.

my source file is the file for uploading the main table data along with the hierarchy. It is not the file to load the hierarchy lookup.

So as per your answers, my source file should have all the parent , child1 and child 2 to do the complete value mapping(using partitions) and import for hierarchy......... Is that true?

So, The current source file format will not work.

Pls let me know if my understanding is correct

and thanks for your quick replies

rgds,

ve

Edited by: veena sexana on Oct 4, 2011 3:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

It is always good to have the all the hierachy levels in the source file especially when you have same child values across different parents.

Just with Child values in source file you cannot really map it to the correct destination value.

One way to resolve your issue is to ask for source file with all the hierachy levels. Once you such source file you will need to use the partition concept to create hierachy in impot manager and then use this partitioned field for mapping. If you now say Automap import manager will locate the one to one mapping.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Veena,

Yes Partitioning is the way to handle this and also source should have complete node details so that it can be mapped correctly,else incorrect data import can result in inaccurate data.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the section PART 8: CLASSIFICATION DATA IMPORT ---> "Building Hierarchy" in SAP MDM Import Manager Reference guide -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8e7a42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMImportManager71.p...

Your input/import file needs to have either data in three columns as Parent/Child/Node Name or in single columne with certain delimiter. Then use the create hierarchy functionality as described in the guide.

Thanks,

Shambhu.