Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict the user from terminating other's logon

syed_ibrahim5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I was trying to code to restrict the user from multiple-logon. So i used the enhancement SUSR0001 to restrict the multiple logon.

And i was able to sucessfully restrict that. But the user can kill the session when another user is logged on by selecting the first option. How to restrict that ? . Can any one help me out?.

With thanks in advance,

Syed Ibrahim.G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand why you control a user's login based on other user logins?

Or could you please clarify: it's really not clear to me what you want to achieve, and what kind of control you already did in the user exit.

Sandra

Edited by: Sandra Rossi, 2 minutes later: by the way, did you try profile parameter login/multi_login_users, where you can enter a list of users allowed to login multiple times

13 REPLIES 13

deepak_dhamat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Take help from BASIS . he does that setting .

regards

Deepak.

0 Kudos

thanks,

But i want to do it programatically for specific users only . Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Syed Ibrahim .G

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

thanks koolspy and ajit,

Is it not possible to restrict through program? I can control multiple logon but he should not be able to kill others logon.

With thanks in advance,

Syed ibrahim .G

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to set this parameter to 1

login/disable_multi_gui_login = 0 " make 0 to 1 from tcodeRZ10

But you need to contact your basis for this.

Regards,

Koolspy.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand why you control a user's login based on other user logins?

Or could you please clarify: it's really not clear to me what you want to achieve, and what kind of control you already did in the user exit.

Sandra

Edited by: Sandra Rossi, 2 minutes later: by the way, did you try profile parameter login/multi_login_users, where you can enter a list of users allowed to login multiple times

0 Kudos

thanks sandra,

In the user exit that i have edited, if the user tries to log on to an already logged on id , it will show an error message and it will log off automatically , but he can terminate the log in by selecting the first option from the sap log on pad. I want to restrict that , so that he will not be able to kill other's sessions. I want to do it programatically .

Thanks in advance,

Syed Ibrahim

Edited by: SYED_ibbu on Oct 10, 2011 8:12 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. For restricting multiple logins please use system parameter as was mentioned above. Espacialy that in description of FM that is calling your user exit (SUSR_LOGON_USER_EXIT) you can find comment

Please don't implement

• - a logoff of the user

2. Disabling that popup can be difficult (if possible at all). I've seen that when someone tries to login transaction SESSION_MANAGER is executed. Maybe inside you will be able to find user exit that will solve your problem.

Best regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

0 Kudos

thanks Macin,

I tried with the FM SUSR_LOGON_USER_EXIT and i placed a break-point in there. And i tried to log in second time with the already logged in user id and i selected the first option from the logon pad .

By doing that , i found out that first , the session that i was using before got killed, and then the break-point was reached.

I need to go between the User,password logon pad and the sap license information log on pad.

Can any one help on this?.

With thanks in advance,

Syed Ibrahim . G

0 Kudos

Well, like it seems you aint got no chance to handle this via programming.

The question is why dont you ask your basis to deactivate thet option at all, so people dont have the possibility to check it?

I´m not a basis guy so i´´m just guessing that there is a possibility to deactivate that option.

0 Kudos

hi florian,

Thanks for the reply.

We want to allow some users to do multiple log on . And also we thought that it would be less time consuming if we have to add a user id to a set to allow multiple logon.

With thanks in advance,

Syed Ibrahim .G

0 Kudos

Ok gotta clarify my answer.

what i meant was to deactivate that FIRST option where you logon and terminate all other logons with said username.

Like when you logon with e.G, username TEST, and there already is user TEST logged on then the screen in question comes up.

What i meant was, just to have the later two options from this screen, and not the first one.

so user has possibility to either make a second logon, with that username or terminate try to logon.

So he just has not got the option to logon and logoff others with same username.

I hardly guess that basis team can customize it this way.

0 Kudos

thanks florian for the reply.

I wonder if that can be done (removing the first option alone ). SInce , the parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login = 0 would by pass the logon pad or the second option would be disabled depending on the parameter set. Please correct me if i am wrong.

With thanks in advance,

Syed Ibrahim .G

Edited by: SYED_ibbu on Oct 11, 2011 8:26 AM