cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACH file to bank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Now that i've generated my ACH file (through RFFOUS_T), how do we transmit that to bank is what i'm not getting?

Any quick reply is highly appreciable in the form of points.

Thanks

KMM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are multiple ways you can transmit the files

1. FTP

2. EDI

3. Direct Upload in the Bank Website

Your Payroll users have to talk to the bank to provide these options and based on the Infrastructure support / Security , you can pick one of the above options and transfer the file. Which ever format you choose, some bank may need few additional info in the ACH header record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry forlate reply. You are right Amosha, the bank wants secured FTP with the bank specific header, ACH file generated by SAP doesn't have that header obviously, so do i need to change the RFFOUS_T program? And i also i don't have a middle wear, do i need an interface to send that file to bank?

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ACH file format is mostly standard among banks, and already has header when produced through RFFOUS_T. As for transferring ACH files to the banks, you would have to talk to them directly to see how they want to receive files .

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Standard RFFOUS_T prog generates ACH with standard Header. Unless the bank wants its name or some additional info in the header, the standard ACH should work.

First thing is just download the ACH from your QA and send it to the bank via email and talk the Bank Representative to test this file in their test system. If sucessful then you are ok with the format.

If not, then use the user exit EXIT_RFFOEXIT_100 /EXIT_RFFOEXIT_101

[Read these threads #1|;

[#2|;

For middlewear to transfer the file, if its FTP then contact your basis. They have to take care of the set up. or the bank can provided a secure FTP software that could be loaded on the payroll users system, from where they could transmit the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ted & Amosha. Yes Amosha, I did test that in my QA system before asking question here. Bank wants a client specific header to be added into the ACH file. Don't we have any other option other than user exit? ofcourse no manual intervention of adding the header. Ok, lets say we have an user exit and file is generated correctly, do we need an interface to send this file to bank or we need to send this file to AP team asking them to transfer it to bank?

Thanks

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most banks should be able to process ACH files 'as-is'. Therefore, I would suggest you to have more detail conversation with the bank on the current ACH header format requirement prior to making any changes.

As for transferring file to the bank, again, you'll need to talk to the bank to see how they want to receive it (e.g. through ftp secure, id/pwd to ftp, which encryption to use if any, which location to send the files to, file names, ...) . After that, this can easily be done through simple scripts, maestro, or something similar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

User exit is the only option.

EVERY period the payroll users will proces payroll and then Generate ACH. It is not your responsibility. But you have build a process that Payroll Team can follow.

The Payroll teams supervisor needs to decide whose responsibility it is to load the file...whether he wants his team to do or does he want AP/ treasury to handle this. Most of the situation the Payroll related ACH files are loaded by Payroll Team's senior processor.

How to transfer?

Again as mentioned in previous use one of the three options and work with your infrastructure and BASIS team to get the FTP set up.If its 3rd Party FTP and Payroll processor can manual do that , just would need infrastructure teams help to get it installed in his system. Same with EDI.Secure website is easy and it has been used more often in last few years.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys..Closing this question as this is more of a process related. Thanks for the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

KMM,

You can use EDI functionality to move the file to the bank. Do you have an EDI or Treasury group of users? If not, can the bank help you create a flat file to send to them via email?

Regards,

Howard