cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated planner in Analysis for Office

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

We want to use Analysis for Office to do our planning through Integrated Planner. Our issue is that we are not able to find a Save button. The only way we are able to save our data is to close Analysis for Office. Then we get asked if we want to save the data. The planning works great but it would be nice to be able to save the data without having to close Analysis for Office each time.

Anyone who knows where we can find the Save button?

Kind regards

Erik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Erik,

Can you do a File-Save through Excel? I use Excel 2007 with Analysis and that is what do.

Regards,

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

If I use the Excel or BO Save workbook buttons, the workbook gets saved. The planning data that I entered is not saved into the system....

Kind regards

Erik

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

Thank you for explaining that.

Per the documentation, do you have the following:

1) BW must be selected as the planning system

2) Datasource in the planning system must be selected as a real-time data source

3) Query must be write-enabled

Regards,

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Tammy

Yes, we are able to use the same solution in both BEx Web and BEx Analyzer to plan data. The only thing missing is a button we can click to save the planned data into the BW system (not the document itself but the planned data we have entered). In Analyzer we just go into design mode and create a Save button our self. In the web environment we just create the Save button in WAD. But in Analysis we are not able to find any Save button or a way to create a Save button.

Kind regards

Erik

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Erik,

Thank you for patiently explaining this.

Please follow the steps in this e-learning;

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/elearn?rid=/library/uuid/90ddaa51-d280-2e10-6e84-c18788fe7cea&overrid...

There is a SAVE DATA button on the Planning Ribbon in Analysis - that should save the data back in BW; if not I recommend opening on OSS message.

Good luck.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!, I had the same question and it helps me a lot.

Answers (0)