Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing DS 4.0: "previous operation did not complete"

former_member467822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When I try to install DS 4.0 I get the following error:

Installer has detected that a previous operation did not complete. Do you want to resume?

I had previously installed Information Platform Services 4.0 but the install crashed. Now I am unable to uninstall IPS and I can't install anything else. ( trying to uninstall IPS from Programs and Features just blinks and then doesn't do anything)

Has anyone faced this issue? Can someone PLEASE tell me how to uninstall IPS and/or circumvent the error so I can get DS installed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had the same problem a while ago. I solved this by

1. Go to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData

2. Under this file you'll find "InstallManifest.sqlite" file. You need to open this file through SQLite editor. You can download it https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sqlite-manager/ as an add-on to your firefox.

3. There are 13 tables in this database. Go to "DUTransaction" table. You will see "Committed" column change the value if there is any zero 0 value to 1.

4. Save and close the file.

5. Restart your installation.

This should solve your problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool! Thanks Zahid. This solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue, and this worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot Zahid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid.

I have read your post and tried the steps you mentioned. But i couldn't solve this error.

I am trying to install Dashboard Software (version 4.1 SP05) newly i mean a fresh install. i am using Windows 8.1 and MS office 2013 64 bit.

I have checked the "DUTransaction" table and can see the Committed column value as 1 (as below screenshot)

Can you please help me in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

Thanks lot for your information. It helped me a lot and my issue got solved.

I faced the issue during SAP Business objects 4.1 SP 5 Dashboard client installation.

Error message : Installer has detected that a previous operation did not complete.  Do you want to resume?

Thanks,

Subhayan Ghosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hade the same problem after installation of SAP Dashbaord Design 4.1 SP06.

However, I can avoid the Bug and launch Dashboard to continue working :

- After successful installation

- Launch your Dashbaord As Admin from your desktop or programm

- See the attached file

Best Regards,

Amara AMAOUZ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can delete the install log folder to get around this

<<Installer has detected that a previous operation did not complete. Do you want to resume?>>

former_member467822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Where is that folder stored?

former_member275696
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You may be able to find some clue in the installation logs that are located under the <install_dir>/InstallData/logs folder.

Or try deleting the "InstallData" folder to work it around.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am presently encountering this issue on first install of IPS4 on Windows 2008 R2 64-bit SP1. Even when I reboot, the install is not able to finish and crashes with a Microsoft C++ runtime Library error.

Joe, is your issue resolved ? I would appreciate an answer on this. Thanks in advance,

Keyvan.

former_member467822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The solution was to delete all of the install folders as the mentioned in the previous comments. i don't remember the specific folder names, but just to be safe you can also rename them. As long as the installer can find the logs it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your rapid reply. i guess it is the "<root>\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs" directory that must be cleaned.

Unfortunately, the same problem is happening each time I try to install it on this server when the install begins from scratch, as the Information Platform Services 4 is not finishing its install (it hangs at the end during more than one day from my tests, on the Run commande-line execution). I must then kill the "java" process on the system, and the install tries to continue and encounters an "Internal error"...it is even not possible to uninstall the IPS4 !

Anyway, many thanks for your help,

Keyvan.