cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SICF Services

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I wonder if it is a good practice to leave all SICF services activated if we are using GRC / any other BSP enabled component ?

If not, what can possibly be the harm of keeping all services on ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For obvious security reasons, only needed SICF services should be activated.

Regards,

Olivier

rajesh_kumar71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi , Activation of all SICF services will not impact much on the system , but as far as performance is concerned always activate the services which are really needed .

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Thanks for your comment.

As per Olivier, I accept that it can create security concerns (by activating services that reveal more information about the system or the bugs in respective programs).. but can you explain how does it impact system performance as per your understanding.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should also consider that the service tree and nodes are hierarchical and cascade the authentication credentials.

Only activate those you need.

If a solution suggests activating everything then report it to SAP or to secure at sap dot com (security response team for internal security problems).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have all the services activated. But its always a good practice to only activate the one's that are being used by the application.

Regards,

Varun

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Why do you think so ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that there wouldn't be any harm in keeping all services active. Sometimes, is used also the W3PUBLISHALL report for activating alll the SICF at once .. No harm in Publishing all SICF pages...

But i didn't found any best practice document to confirm my thinking.