cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the data source from DB2 to ORACLE in SBOP 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have done SBOP 4.0 SP 2 installation successfully on Linux by choosing DB2 as default Database as suggested by SAP as there is some issue with RH LINUX 5.5 version. Now, we need to change the CMS data source back to ORACLE 11G. For that we have to execute cmsdbsetup.sh and go with the option of "copy" (Copy data from another Data Source). We need to provide the target/destination CMS database in my case ORACLE (TNS & CMS user) details. And also we need to provide the source CMS user (DB2) details. As we went with the bundled/default DB2 installation, we are not able to find the cms user name and password (no where during the installation it prompted to provide cms username and password).

What will be the default cms username /password in DB2?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The work around is to create/add an extra node (SIA Node) with default servers option for the existing CMS and provided my ORACLE CMS username/password along with the TNS Names using cmsdbsetup.sh. Make sure that this new node is visible in the Servers section of the CMC console (i.e. http://<webappserver>:8080/BOE/CMC-->servers) and also see that all the servers should be running. Then you can delete the old SIA which was connected to DB2 from the CMC->servers.

Thanks,

Sandeep

former_member235179
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

My understanding is that the BI4.0 installation would use the credentials of the account used to install the product for username\password. Can you check please.

I hope this is a helpful answer to you.

Kind regards,

John