cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass parameter to ECC transaction via webclient transaction launcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert

I need to pass parameters to ECC transaction in CRM 7.0 transaction launcher, I did lot of research, after reading all of them, I got a little confused, hope some of you can clear my thought.

Basically I need to pass BP number to the ECC VA01 transaction, the parameter name in ECC VA01 is KUAGV-KUNNR.

What I understand what needs to be done is simply implement the method PREPARE_DATA_FLOW with code below:

me->set_container_object( iv_name = `KUAGV-KUNNR` iv_object_key = `myBPNo` iv_object_type = `the name of the type of KUAGV-KUNNR`).

However after reading many posts, some say I need to define parameter in the execute method of hte ztstc BOR objet in ECC, from there I need to retrieve the data and pass to VA01.

Can someone help to clear the whole thing? What should be done in CRM 7.0 to pass this parameter to ECC VA01? Also is the way to call the set_container_objet correct?

me->set_container_object( iv_name = `KUAGV-KUNNR` iv_object_key = `myBPNo` iv_object_type = `the name of the type of KUAGV-KUNNR`).

Thanks for your input

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use BDC recording and run the transaction then after that you will be able to see the screen number, program and the field being passed. Then create a custom function module to call the transaction and pass the screen data

joaquin_fornas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Jayson

My proposal is: Instead of using a TSTC-EXECUTE method, use BAPI BUS2032-CREATEWITHDIA. That method contains all data to be passed to the VA01 transaction.

Regards

Joaquin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joaquin

thanks for the reply.

I tried your suggestion, it works partially. The only problem I have is that I can`t pass table parameter to the ECC transaction. I need to pass sold-to and ship-to to the transaction, I`ve coded it in the prepare_data_flow by adding two lines (sold-to and ship-to) to the salespartner parameter, however it looks like ECC VA01 does not receive them, it says sold-to and ship-to is missing.

However, there is no issue by passing parameter which is flat structure. Only have problem with the table parameter.

Do you have any idea why this happens?

Thank you so much for the help

Thanks

Edited by: Jayson on Oct 13, 2011 9:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayson,

In CRM customizing for Transaction Launcher, create a transaction Id,class ,type BOR-transaction

use standard BOR-object BUS2032 with method CREATEWITHDIA

define parameter: Document partner

from context: //CURRENTCUSTOMER/BP_NUMBER)

These variables are correctly filled from CRM in the generated class,

method PREPARE_DATA_FLOW.

This can be check when debugging the method.

In method prepare_data_flow the parameters are set to container data

You can also refer this article on Transaction Launcher it covers three different scenarios, their configuration, HTTP Watch traces and debugging steps.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3059fb20-987f-2e10-ef82-d147b9b5e...

Regards,

Reshma Rao

joaquin_fornas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

To add some captions to Reshma's explanation, I created a document for your reference. You can download it [here|https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=KED40UM7ARN6VSLZP3DC23Y6AWMY22H73ZB0NXUI2ZD6T996HG ].

Regards

Joaquin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joaquin

really appreciate the detailed document.

However I still have the issue to pass sold-to partner to ECC, (in your screenshot you have AG as partner function, I tried it, doesn`t work, I changed to our case which is SP, still doesn`t work). Seems that ECC can not receive the data passed through via the salespartner table.

Do you have any clue?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reshema

as you can see my problem is that I can`t pass sold-to and ship-to partner to ECC VA01, I tried to debug in ECC in IC_LTXE - User_command_0100 to see if data are passed, (I guess I need to debug under the user that is used on the RFC destination, right?) I set exteranl breakpoint there, but seems that the execution does not stop there.

Any more help?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one can help more

joaquin_fornas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I uploaded the document again, along with a transaction launcher basic document [here|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=71974].

Regards

Joaquin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joaquin,

The link to the original document no longer works - can you resupply please?

Many thanks,

Andrew.