Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP runtime error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello forum,

I have the following exception by running tcode ME9F, with 4553 purchase orders:

"Runtime Errors DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_RSQL

Exceptn CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

Date and Time 14.10.2011 10:36:05

ShrtText

Error in RSQL module of database interface.

What happened?

Error in ABAP application program.

The current ABAP program "RM06ENDR_ALV" had to be terminated because one of the

statements could not be executed.

This is probably due to an error in the ABAP program."

Well, this is probably by reaching the maximu range of single values. BUT, how can i find in how this limit in our system ? i think this have to do with the database and not with SAP. am i right ?

thanks in advance,

stratos

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a limit to the number of entries in the select single tab of multiple selection. If that limit is crossed SAP throws this error. Please try with less number of entries or give the range.

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI stratos_chm ,

You mentioned with 4553 purchase orders:

So try to decrease purchase orders and try again.

Regards,

koolspy.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers. i know allready that there is a limit of how manhy values, but how much should i decreased ??

The information of those limits are somehwere in systme ?

thanks again

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

BUT, how can i find in how this limit in our system ? i think this have to do with the database and not with SAP. am i right ?

Yes, you're absolutely correct

In fact the limitation exists on the length of the SQL statement which is generated when the Open SQL is parsed. There is an OSS note which describes these in details.(Sorry i don't have an SAP marketplace access at this moment)

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but i cannot find the OSS note. Our DB is SQL Server 2000 (8.00.2039). Do you know, how can i compute the maximum length statement's ?

very thanks,

stratos

0 Kudos

Sorry if i sound harsh, but you can [google|http://tinyurl.com/5vwq83e] that

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks you do it for me! but i have done this, with no REAL result ! i am little confused between the below two notes, and i cannot find the solution ..

Note 635318 - Open SQL: Size restrictions for commands

Note 13607 - Termination of an ABAP with DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_RSQL

In addition i cannot find CLEARLY the specs of DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

ask your basis team to look into it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesn't really matter what the limit is. Your basis team is not going to change it so you can run a single report.

You can easily fix this yourself by converting the SELECT to use FOR ALL ENTRIES on your range table.

Rob

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi stratos_chm,

the database limits the size of the where clause of select statement. It use to be 16k bytes, I think oracles newer versions can handle limit of 32767 bytes per line. Multiply the number of entries by entry length. If PO length is 10 bytes, then 4500 orders will need 45000 bytes - too much anyway.

Check for your database!

Regards

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The limit is not 16Kbytes. I put 1900 Purchase Orders and the no run time error occurred ! i found that the limit is Length of a string containing SQL statements (batch size) 65,536 * Network packet size1, but i canot understand what a network packet size is.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Tell your Basis Person to check packet size set in your Database

PACKETSIZE: 131072

also check : Note 1004886 - MaxDB Version 7.7 parameter recommendations

I don't know on which version you are working : But only Basis GUY can Help you .

regards

Deepak.