cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Stuck on WaitForCMSForTheFirstTIme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All:

Taking the first installation for the BI 4.0, and eveyrhting went ok until it hit a WaitForCMSForTheFirstTime. And just stay there. For the past 20 minutes or so and not moving. Not sure what is it waiting for, or how to manually start the CMS. I thought I hit something, so I restarted the installation several times and results are the same. It just get stuck in there!

Anyone else had problem with that and anyway to resolve this? Any help is much appreciated it! Thank You!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

most of the time CMS can't start during install due to :

1. Insuficient resources

2. Wrong OS

3. Wrong DB drivers

4. Connectivity issues

5. Permissions

6. Name resolution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lack of Memory was the problem. I did it on a VM which has not finsihed configruation. Thus it only had 4 GB of ram. As soon as I increased it to 16 GB. It went through.

Noted, however, that it was still pretty slow. It didn't stuck, but that screen and there were 2 -3 other screen following it took absolutely forever! In total. Installation executable ran for almost 45 minutes. And this is just the BOE side. Not CR no Dashboard..etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I have no problems with any of the above and it is still hanging at WaitForCmsToStartForFirstTime stage?

What else could be wrong?

Thanks,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just had this today when installing a patch.

I checked the OS event log and the BusObjs warnings suggested that it couldn't connect to the CMS.

I went to the CCM and manually started the following servers in the SIA and the installer started up again:

Central Management Server (CMS)

Input and Output File Repository Servers (FRS)

For patches, these are the servers that are recommended to be left running. Everything else should be stopped.

Obviously this response is a long time from your post but maybe it will help others.

(smiling now but wasn't an hour ago)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addendum to Andy Rohr's comment, I came across yet another instance of the Tomcat server in my environment that was installed by a previous application.  Although the files for that service was no longer there, it appeared that the WaitForCMSForTheFirstTime was hanging as it was confused as to which instance to start up.  I manually started up the instance that came with BOBI (BOXI) and the installation continued on.  This goes to show you that you need a pretty pristine environment when installing BOBI.

Thanks Andy for your insightful suggestion.

-d

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some time ago I've come across the same problem. Once I checked CCM I realized that the Apache wasn't running. When I started it manully it went on to the next step.