Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import into lookup table with linkage to a main table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear MDM gurus!

Can anybody answer how to resolve following:

I want to import data into lookup Flat table, and also I want that impotrted item will be linked with corresponded main table item.

(Not all Lookup table fields has display field attribute)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I do not see a challenge here,you can create a field of type lookup flat and in its details of this field mention the Lookup table name.

You can load the data using MDMGX,excel or other sources.

When you create a main table record,clicking on this particular field value will give you option of the records you have imported in the Lookup Table table.

Please get back in case of any queries.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. But this problem is a little bit complicated.

I want that system creates new record in lookup table and link it with corresponded record of main table (simultaneously during an import process). Or (if similar record already exist in Lookup table - just link it with the corr. main table record )

Fore example: I have main table of Business Partners

and also I have lookup table (Contracts)

And I want by means of import add new Contract record with linkage to BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Let me summarise my understanding-

You want to add contract data to already existing main table data of BP,and your concern is how will the linking between 2 happen.

I assume you are using PI to transfer data from SAP system.

You can try using BLAORD03/BLAORD02/BLAREL

Get Idoc documentation using WE60 and using this you can prepare maps for import and syndication of data.

The documentation will also help you to get a Primary key to link Main table data to contract data.

Create xsd for this idoc,create maps,maintain partner profile and Interface related config.

For further details please go through these links:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/CABFAISMM/CABFAISMM.pdf

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_fica471/helpdata/en/04/2f45b1c6d3904791a4d18199dd7f65/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/d6/714e38406a8f4de10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Kindly close or update the tread.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

I want just to know - Is it possible to import the record that should be used as lookup value in the same import run that imports the main table record (witch should contain this lookup value)?

Dmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Is it possible to import the record that should be used as lookup value in the same import run that imports the main table record (witch should contain this lookup value)?

You should have imported lookup table data before main table import.

So when you start Main table import the lookup field will hold a value which is already present in lookup table.

This way data standardization is ensured.

If a record containing a value which is not present in Lookup table comes, is send to Value Exception.

e.g If have a material record coming in for creation on import ,and say it carries Material Group value,which is a Lookup field.

Then Material Groups should already be present in MDM and incoming record only chooses its entry,which gets value mapped on import.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (0)