cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No replication because 'Configuration incomplete'....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to replicate a CRM order but the action that triggers the replication stops because of 'configuration incomplete'. When I check the configuration tab to see what is missing it says that 'The configuration is consistent and complete' .

If I go into change mode and press enter, the error disappears.

It seems that there are two different status here.

One at config. level and one at order item level.

The question is...could I just delete the error message at order item level if the status of config is OK?

In that case...how can I get the status of the config?

AND how and where can I reset the status at order item level?

Edited by: Maria Velastin on Oct 24, 2011 12:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

It seems that you get the error once the order tries to replicate to the ECC side and that the configuration is not complete on the ECC side. May be one test would be to simulate the same order creation directly in ECC and to check if you come accross an error. Please check the material master data as well in ECC.

Hoping that this will be helpful.

Best regards

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christopher for your answer.

It didn't help me as I know the config is complete.

It even says that config is complete and consistent.

But maybe you know the following:

The status that shows on config tab...how can I read that status?

I know how to read the messages at order item level (CRM_MESSAGES_DISPLAY and CRM_MESSAGES_GET_MSG_INFO)...but I don't know where to find the other status...the one appearing in CONFIG tab that says tha 'customizing is consistent and complete'. Is it on IPC or SAP table?

Thanks for answering anyway.

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

Could you please provide the error ID and number you get.

Thank you

Best regards

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error 310 (Order ).

I would like to eliminate that error but I want to check that the error is not a real error before I remove it. So I want to check the Config. status.

But I don't know if the config. status is on IPC or in some Order table.

thanks for your reply

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

Based on the error messgae I tired to find more suggestions but the error message was not helping.

Cna you please add the complete error ID and message number and complete error description.

Many thanks

Best regards

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Error 310,'The configuration is incomplete'.

The procedure is the following:

I populate the order header and parts of order item

I call ORDER MAINTAIN and comit.

I populate config and I call 'CRM_CONFIG_MAINTAIN_OW'

I populate Ibase info in CRM item

I call ORDER MAINTAIN

I commit.

After this the order is creater with the error mentioned.

When I check the CONFIG of the item it is complete.

If I go to change mode and move to another part of the order the error dissapears.

This happens when you create an order online. After you populate CONFIG parameters, you have to move to another part of the order before the 'configuration incomplete' error disappears.

The thing is that in BATCH we haven't had this kind of error until we get a parameter defined in IPC as required and with no default value. If we change the definition to OPTIONAL we don't get the error in SAP.

Very extrange.

If you haven't seen this before I am planning the following work around:

Delete message error 310 IF the config is complete.

The problem is that I have not figured out how to check that the config is complete.

Probably I have to read the IPC?

Regards

Maria

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thank you for the latest details., Yes it is likely to be a IPC issue apparently., But I would need one more detail.

You mentioned the error number, I need the error class as well, for example crm_order 310 or crm_MISCILLENOUS....310.

Could you provide the error message class which is used in t-code SE91. Or may be this is not available as it occur from IPC?

Many thanks

Best regards

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry...the error code is 301

Message class = CRM_STRUCT_I

Field name = CONFIG

I don't know if the error is generated in SAP or IPC. It should be SAP as the status of the config says 'Complete and consistent'.

But I don't know where the error occurs.

Just now I just would like to know where I can find the IPC status. There is a lot of functions to read IPC

Thanks Christopher...you are very kind trying to understand the error

former_member196467
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thank you, that helps a lot.

Please check closely notes 974260 and 510007. These settings listed in the notes have solved similar issues.

Best regards

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS...I will check those notes tomorrow...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know a lot more now.

When we call IPC function 'IPC_CHANGE_ITEM_CONFIG', providing information and retrieving IPC operands, the functiont returns the status of the configuration in tables CUCFG and CUINS, plus all customizing values in CUVAL (all parameters with default values or calculated values).

We get status complete = 'F' from IPC.

The reason is that we have defined a characterictic that is mandatory and has no default value in IPC.

This is not a characteristic that IPC can calculate based on a formel. We have to enter that value.

As the parameter is mandatory and no value exist, the function returns the status incomplete.

After we retrieve the values from IPC, our program adds the missing values to table CUVAL and it calls function CRM_CONFIG_MAINTAIN_OW. This functions validates the status delivered by IPC and as it finds that it is incomplete it creates the message error.

So...it works probably as it should work.

I don't have a good solution...just bad solutions that work.

But I will close this.

Thanks for your help