Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem calling WebService from VisualComposer model at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are working with CE 7.3.

I have a very simple Visual Composer model with form as input for calling Webservice on backend system and a table as output.

During the runtime the WebService call is failing with:

Error while getting the backend function : Could not find operation Z_EAI_GETUSERROLES_WS.ZEaiGetuserroles

actually, sometimes it is also failing with:

Error occurred while executing the service: Error in Connection :Could not retrieve metadata

The service definition is succesfully published to CE's ServiceRepository.

There is a correct entry for backend system under SOA->Destination Template Management in CE NWA.

I can succesfully test this WebService in WSNavigator in both systems - CE and backend.

I can succesfully test this WebService in NWDS at design time (by right-clicking on service)

In Logs Viewer I can also see the following entry::

<Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.accessors.SerializationBundle', ID='webservices_3702', Arguments: ['destination with name : SRR_MetaData does not exist']> : Can't find bundle for base name com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.accessors.SerializationBundle, locale en

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.discovery.TargetNotMappedException: <--Localization failed:

Seems like it is expecting <SID>_MetaData connection somewhere, but I do not now where (I have tried to create it in SOA->Destination Template Management, but it didn't helped).

Can you please advise me what else I need to check to solve this error?

p.s. sorry for dublicating question which I have already submitted in VC forum, but I really need to solve this problem.

Best Regards,

Artsiom Anichenka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rhightower13
Participant
0 Kudos

Were you able to solve this problem?  I have the same problem.

Thanks,

Ross

Shilpa_Shankar
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Artsiom,

Try creating under SOA> Destinations, ping the destination and test. Not sure if this helps.

Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.If there is any change is made to the service after u modified reimport it.

2.Check the input/output parameters passed to this service.

3.Try changing the context node in the I/O..