Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information of free certification exam

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

Please find the below mail which mentioned about the free certification exam .kindly advice how to proceed further

also whether any friends have received the same

Congratulations on being named a 2011 Top Contributor at the 2011 Tech Ed Las Vegas.

As a way of saying thank you, we would like to provide you with the following voucher for a free certification exam.

Hereu2019s what you need to do:

• Select the exam type, date and location of your choice

• In the payment section, input the following voucher ID: XXXXXXXXXX

Thatu2019s all there is to it. You will then be registered for the exam.

Vouchers are valid until Dec 31, 2011.

Should you have any further questions, you can reach me at xxxxx

Thanks again for your contribution and good luck with your exam.

Best Regards,

Richard Strattner

Regards

Thyagarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congratulations.

I have no practical experience with this procedure, but the instructions seem straightforward, which part confuses you?

You can even call or write to xxxxx to clarify your doubts.

Thomas

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your kind reply. Actually I am trying to register ,but it is asking for installation number where my problem . I am working as an consultant in a concern. which installation number i need to enter

Regards

Thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Same here. I had sent a mail for clarification (regarding creation of S-user id).

Regards, Vinod

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I got a mail saying it is not applicable in INDIA

Regards

Thyagarajan

Edited by: thyagarajan krishnamurthy on Oct 19, 2011 5:14 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I got a mail saying it is not applicable in INDIA

But if I am right, without having S-User id, you cannot register with the said link. If you are able to succeed in this, please let me know as few have raised the same query with me and I dont know.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes without having S user ID you cannot able to register. for obtaining the same i have contacted the local SAP education through mail form where i got the mail

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Lakshmipathi said, I don't think it is possible to register without S-user id. It is clearly mentioned in third screen during registration.

If you do NOT provide your correct SAP user ID then SAP cannot upload results to their database and you will NOT receive your certificate

I am still waiting for the clarification from SAP regarding this.

Regards, Vinod

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll tell you something, friends, this registration procedure is already the first part of the certification exam. Once you successfully passed this obstacle, you are at least 50% there already!

Thomas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Even I have sent mail to Susan Martin & waiting for her reply. But I have no information about that email & voucher id, as I thought it would have been expired by December 2011.

Is there any way to get my Voucher ID based on my SCN id??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update,

I got reply from Susan Martin to check with Tulasi Ram on this. She forwarded my mail to Tulasi Ram today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another update,

I got a reply from Tulasi Ram with the form to be filled & sent to SAP.

former_member214709
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Maheshwaran,

Please help me as well.

Do let me know the procedure for getting Voucher on my SCN id as you are aware of the complete process.

Regards

Dinesh

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I got this mail regarding the free SAP certification voucher.

I have S user id also.

But the problem lies after that.

I tried registering for SAP portal development certification

but it got stuck in the third step where one popup came saying "Price of the exam not available please contact customer care"

i contacted them.

here is their reply

"Dear candidate,

Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE. We received your inquiry on

10/29/2011.

Please be informed that this SAP (c_ep120_701) exam is not for delivery

within Asia Pacific region. Due to this reason, you are not able to view

the exam price. You will need to travel to America or Europe region if

you wish to sit for this exam.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, please contact us again

via e-mail or call us on one of our toll free numbers listed at

http://pearsonvue.com/contact/vuephone/

Thank you.

Sam

Customer Service Executive

Pearson-VUE APAC Customer Service

"

It says that i cannot give the exam in india.

then i checked for other exams also. For them also price is not available.

I sent mails to Richard Strattner (from whom i got the mail)

haven't got any reply.

Anybody else facing the same problem?

Thanks

Sarbjeet Singh

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

I got a mail from Richard saying that he is in touch with SAP India and will revert back if its solved., also the validity period will be extended in this case.

Kesav

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Funny enough, Pearson-VUE does not accept the e-vouchers in Ireland either. I also have been in contact with Richard Strattner and he kindly replied saying that he is going to try sorting this directly through SAP Education UK & Ireland. I'm still waiting for confirmation though.

Regards

Juan

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

For those who don't know me, I'm responsible for the SCN reputation program. I was on maternity leave this summer and came back a month ago. I just saw this thread and am now checking with my team if there has been any progress.

Let me know if you're still having issues now.

One issue I've identified here is that the certification is not available in your region (India, Ireland). We will check the status with Richard right away.

Any other issue? Is the need to have an S-User still an issue?

Sorry for the delay on our side, we're on it now.

Laure

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Laure

I am still waiting for the solution.

The problem is still there.

Thanks

Sarbjeet Singh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laure,

Thanks for taking over, I haven't heard from Richard since. I also believe that the expiration date of the vouchers is now very close so it will be good to review that if possible.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Juan, No feedback from Richard since last one month. As the voucher validity ends by 31st march (revised), requesting someone from SCN team to look into this issue.

Regards, Vinod

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a call with Richard tomorrow Wednesday 12/21 to discuss these issues.

Laure

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Laure

Thank you for your initiative .I am also facing issue with Pearson to register test for C_TSCM62_64-Order Fullfilement .

I have called Pearson's Customer care and have recieved a feedback that most of the SAP test as listed are not available in any of the promitic centre in asia ( for example in India -Chennai/Bangalore) .

I did not able to schedule the test and the voucher has valiidity till 31st Dec-2011.

I hope SAP will come with some solution and help us to take up the test .

I have sent an e-mail to Richard earlier too .

Looking forward your response

Thanks and regards

Jiaul Haque

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I did speak to Richard in December, sorry I'm just writing now. But I only have good news

The free certification will be honored in 2012, so you can take advantage of it with reasonable preparation. You don't have to worry about an expiration date this year, at least until end of December 2012! I can't commit for 2013.

Richard Strattner, my colleague from SAP Education, is working with his colleagues worldwide to ensure the process is more straightforward for you. He will be in touch with you directly in the new year to help you arrange for your examination. This will have to be treated as a case by case basis.

Please excuse us for these difficulties. It is the first time we did something like this, and it was not a smooth process, we'll work to improve it for next time.

Richard has your names - all of you in this thread until today, and also all the people who mentioned a problem in [Jason Cao's blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/25980] [original link is broken];. I will follow this thread and the blog to make sure I am aware of any new issue.

All the best and good luck with the certifications!

Laure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laure,

Thanks for the feedback. I raised the issue with Richard regarding the problem while creating S-userid, which is required for registering the Exam.

I even tried to register the s-user id @service marketplace, but it prompt for customer installation number / partner number. I am independent consultant and do not have these details.

Hope this issue also will be resolved soon.

Regards, Vinod

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
You don't have to worry about an expiration date this 
       year, at least until end of December 2012

Thats a great news Laure and thanks for all the efforts taken. Looking forward for the good news that SAP India have also got the communication in this regard and they dont deny the request of members who are once again going to apply for free certification.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

The certification should not be denied. Let me know if there is any issue with this.

Also, let me know if you don't hear back from Richard in a month or so.

Laure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laure

I do not have S number or Voucher.

What Is a status of Certificate exam for India.

Please update !!!

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laure,

I spoke with Vinod Kumar regarding this & came to know that he had received an email ( a month ago ) saying to contact a person in SAP India to proceed further. I did not receive an email yet. Any idea about this ?

Hope Vinod would step in an comment on this.

Kesav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Apologies for not updating this thread regarding the mail I received.  I received a mail from SAP Global education team, which reads

Dear Vinod,

congratulations on receiving your award and free certification exam voucher for your valuable contributions to SCN.

As you cannot use the Pearson VUE voucher to register for your free exam at a Pearson VUE exam center in India please contact Tulasi Ram (see above) to arrange your free test.

Wishing you every success

I tried to contact the person mentioned in the mail (Tulasi Ram), unfortunately the mail sent to him bounced back & I informed the same to SAP global education team (this happened around 20-25 days back). 

I am yet to get a reply from SAP global education team regarding this.

Regards, Vinod

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Apologies Vinod , Earlier I asked you to update this thread when you were out of time at client place Thanks for updating. Let us wait for Laure now

Kesav

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod and Kesavadas,

I just emailed Tulasi Ram and copied you. Let's hope that he replies soon.

Best,

Laure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laure,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Regards, Vinod

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi laure

i have already mailed Mr Tulasi ram , but no reply. can you also help me

regards

Thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there anyone from India ,who is able to attend this exam and go through all procedures from receiving  "Exam voucher " to "registration" to "apperaing in certification exam"  ?

Please let me know...

As far as I am concern , After following-up so many times ,unfortunatly I did not received anything.

Now I think even after deserving to avail free certificaiton ,I simply will not get it.

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi and ,

I am so sorry to hear you are still having issues. I've just sent an email again to my contact in India, Tulasi Ram forwarded all requests to a colleague of mine named Rashmi, and I've pinged her.

Please let me know if you don't hear back in the next week or so.

Thanks,
Laure

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Laure

Thanks for your help, will inform any feedback received

Regards

Thyagarajan

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laure,

Sorry to bother again , still there is no feedback

Regards

Thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Laure

We did not hear anything from you contact (Rashmi ) since your last blog.

This is for your information !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laure,

I hope you aware, that I connect you and Richard couple of times, before I was in India faced such issues in free cert, even directly connected the scn team member in SAP LABS banglore India.

Later no hear from them, recently I moved to Singapore, and again I contact Richard, having said some of them SAP SG Education connect me. But no one contact me regarding this yet,

So Today I went to the website and it is allowed me to see the price list of the exams and even it allows me to schedule ( These options were nt worked before), But ALAS!!! As soon As I entered the certificate voucher details,, It returns the message as

"North American Voucher, reason voucher might be expired" ..

I got indeed disappointed , It was before confirmed by Richard that thease voucher validity have been extended. But I am getting this error.

Sorry to bother you again, But also I am requesting you to check this and help to use this voucher in SG,

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyone in India who could appear to Free Certification  ???

Its indeed disappointing  :((  Inspite of continuous followup, so far there is no reply on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any news  ??? before this year ends .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit,

I got a positive feedback from SAP Global education () & forwarded the request to SAP education India (Mr.Tulasi Ram).  

I received a mail from SAP education India to fill the consent form for appearing the exam. 

Regards, Vinod

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Please do as suggested by Vinod. Send the email to Susan Martin and your email will be forwarded to the concerned person and you will get the email to fill the consent form.

I have sent some details for your assistance, please check your communications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please send me the relevant mail id's or share data on <removed by moderator>

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Publishing your email id is an offence .

Please edit your thread and remove it. Check my previous reply .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have successfully completed the certification exam (ABAP) using  free certification voucher.  Thanks to , & Tulasi Ram (SAP education india) for their help and support.

Regards, Vinod

former_member214709
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Vinod,

I want to do certification in SAP but i don't have any SAP User id. How shall i pursue it.

Request you to provide me the required information in detail.

Regards

Dinesh

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Congrats vinod.

Laure Cetin,

can you help me obtaining the same

Regards

Thyagarajan

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Vinod Kumar - I completed it successfully today.

Many thanks to

Laure Cetin, Susan Martin, Stephan Horvath ( SAP ) , Tulasi Ram & Stella GIM ( SAP education India ) for helping out to make this process happen smoothly. Though there was a hard time in the beginning to get the name registered in India, later it had a happy ending

Kesav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations - that is great news!

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations Vinod!

Glad it worked out in the end and sorry fr the issues

Sue

deepak_dhamat
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

ALL Top Contributors in SDN , you people really deserve Free Exam .

Congratulations to all of you who have received Mail for the same .

regards

Deepak.

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Congrats to all who have received this .

I did not get this due to some email mismatch, Interacting with Jason Cao regarding this and got a confirmation

that he will take it forward and resend it. Hmmm...Let me try to do a certification

But what about the contributors prior to 2011..Are they avoided ?? .. If so i feel very bad because there were some terrific contributors who had contributed very well with quality contents.

I donot see anything mentioned for them here [Whatu2019s new?|/people/jason.cao/blog/2011/08/22/announcing-scns-topic-leaders-for-2010-2011]

Anyways happy and glad to know about all the new things ....

Kesav