cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expats manage direct reports in MSS and edit Home country assignment in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have a peculiar scenario where an employee from X country goes to Y country on an Expatriate. AS per the standard SAP system, when we run expat actions, there will be a new assignment created for host country (Y). Normally, we make the home assignment status to be withdrawn but as per the business scenario we make the home assignment active as well since his payroll is run based on Home Country (X).

The scenario is an employee should be able to edit his ESS services like address, personal data, etc as a home country details in ESS portal but when it comes to MSS Portal where actually he expatriate into a Manager position and he should be able to view the direct reports of the host country (Malaysia). Currently IT 0105 - 0001 tied up only to the Home Country assignment.

Please let me know if this scenario is possible in the Standard ESS / MSS. If yes, please advice if anything needs to be done from the security/config perspective or enable any global/concurrent employment.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to enable Global Employment, if he has several personal assignment, then Concurrent employment should be used

, the standard way of implementing GE is to Create a

separate ESS country specific role and copy all iviews that should be in

those country-dependent roles. When ever the employee travel from one

location to another location on long term assignment, a additional

role(specific to new location) is provided the given user id.

Yes. I agree that this is requires some effort. As we discussed over

the phone you can make use of Proxy class in 'Area Home Page

Configuration' to achieve your requirement. Since this is beyond the

scope of our responsibility I could only provide hits about this as this

consulting.

- 1124818 GE switch incorporation for CE/GE ESS Scenario

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide > Personnel Management > ESS >

General Settings > Concurrent Employment (CE)/Global Employment (GE) >

Assign CE/GE Group Definition Settings to ESS Applications

>table V_T7XSSCE_GRP

SAP provide business function HCM_ESS_CE for ESS for

use with Concurrent Employment, this business function

can cope with multiple PERNRs and shared/non-shared infotypes

scenarios as per the requirement you have in this case

- any other configuration of ESS in a CE environmnent

are not guaranteed by SAP AGS, even if technically possible

by customization options and modification of SAP objects.

SFCommunity4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Did you recommend any solution/recommendation for MSS portion of this question?

We have the same requirement. Currently IT 0105 - 0001 tied up to system user id on the Home Country assignment record only. But this Expat person needs to have access to people (direct reports in MSS) in HOST country per the position/org unit for which he is a manger. Currently MSS general info page showing only his direct reports based on this home assignment/home org unit instead his direct reports from host. pls let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! Rao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhaas and Rao,

Did you find a solution for this issue? Thanks!

SFCommunity4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you find the solution for MSS portion of your question?

We have the same requirement. Currently IT 0105 - 0001 tied up to system user id on the Home Country assignment record only. But this Expat person needs to have access to people (direct reports in MSS) in HOST country per the position/org unit for which he is a manger. Currently MSS general info page showing only his direct reports based on this home assignment/home org unit instead his direct reports from host. pls let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! Rao