cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW BRM, Rules Manager and transport the BRM project through the landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about the working with Rules Manager and the possible difficulties of the changes management.

The scenario is simple.

We have created a BRM project in software component with decision table and initialized it with some values. Then we transported it to the QA and Prod system through the CMS. Note: in the SC not only the BRM project but also a WDJ, for example.

Then business user changes the values in the decision table in Prod system by using Rules Management functionality. Everything is OK till now.

But then we changed something in the WDJ component in the same SC and then transported it to the Pros system. After that transport the changes of the business user are lost. How can we fix it?

Of course we can download the runtime content from the prod system, but it's bit complicated. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kirill,

I forgot to mention, the downloaded rules content is a .SDA file which can be deployed on to the server. I will try to find if we can import that into NWDS for further modifications or not.

Thanks and Regards,

Santosh Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! Sadly we are using NWCE 7.2.

But anyway we have to get the rules data from Prod system before any transport activities. It's a bit awkward, isn't it? What if there is commercial secret? And we don't have an access to the Prod system data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kirill,

SAP NW Business Rules Management web UI tool for business users (Rules Manager) has a feature "Download Rules Content" from CE 7.3 onwards.

Please find the details of the feature in the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/42/89a408c265402dbaf1c39ea423d816/frameset.htm

Using the above "Download Rules Content" feature of RulesManager, you should be able to import the latest version of the Rules Project, which contains the changes done by the business user, into NWDS. Once you have the modified rules project in NWDS you should be able to transport it to QA and Prod systems without the data loss.

But this feature is only available from NW CE 7.3 onwards.

Hope this helps resolve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Santosh Giri