cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi languages and Special Characters in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

Different languages data will be coming from the source xml file and PI has to handle that data and send it to ECC system throguh IDoc Receiver Adapter.

.our scenario is MDM to R/3. Pi file adapter is picking the xml file from source directory path.

the file encoding we have used is "ISo-8859" file type as "TEXT", we have also tried checking by giving the file name as"Binary", but we are still facing the issue.

The special characters which are showing up are Å#ó

i was trying to look at the below mentoined blog , but that blog was not availiale in sdn.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9420 [original link is broken]

thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vemuganti,

You have to compare the Language packs installed in PI with SAP ECC system. Go to SMLT transaction (in PI as well as in SAP ECC) and ensure all the Languages installed in SAP PI are same with SAP ECC. If SAP PI can understand the data (of that specific Language), then SAP ECC also should. Please cross check and ensure. If anything lacks between them, ask your Basis team to install. There is no other way to resolve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vemuganti,

In the Receiver channel, you specify the target encoding for a conversion from UTF-8. If you configure a channel's File Type setting as "Binary", no conversion will be applied.

Use File Type -> text-> File Encoding = UTF-8,destEncoding=UTF-8, it may solve your issues.

Regards,

Sagarika

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the file encoding to "UTF-8".

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Thanx a lot for your replies

i have changed the file encoding to UTF-8 and PI file adapter is picking the file and able to see the Foreign Lnguages data in the source and taregt xml payload correctly.

But whn i check the data in R/3 receiver system, in the IDoc the data for the particular fields is coming as '############' and '#######'.

The R/3 system is a non-unicode system.

Please suggest me the approach how to post the correct data in the R/3 sysyetm

Thanx in advance.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to send russian characters to R/3, use logon language russian for RFC connection.

If you want to have different languages in IDocs, you need separate RFC channels for each language with different logon language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Tahnx for your reply.

I am doing Graphical mapping for File to IDoc scenario. The R/3 system in non-unicode. The client is asking for a soultion through SAP PI and he wants to handle the issue/solution through SAP PI.

is there any extra mapping or module development which will handle the situation.

please suggest me any possible approach which can be implemented in PI.

thanx in advance.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried putting the logon language russian into the RFC destination (SM59) which is tied to yout IDoc receiver channel?

Did this not work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

i tiried as you suggested, but i do not have the access for the RFC destination in R/3 server.

i have a doubt here

In the xml file received by PI, the entire data will be in English, only for two particular fields the data will be in Foreign Languages(russian,greek or any other langauge).The fields are maintained under International Version Segement.

Does the appraoch you have provided earlier still work if this is the case, if so i will consult my basis team and ask them to do the same as mentoined by you.

thanx in advance.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i tiried as you suggested, but i do not have the access for the RFC destination in R/3 server.

I mean the RFC destination in PI, not in R/3

> i have a doubt here

> In the xml file received by PI, the entire data will be in English, only for two particular fields the data will be in Foreign Languages(russian,greek or any other langauge).The fields are maintained under International Version Segement.

You have to split the XML, create different IDocs by language and choose an IDoc receiver channel with tied RFC logon language

see SAP note 745030

The customer should consider to use a unicode R/3 system when he wants to use different language descriptions.

In a non-unicode system the texts from other languages cannot be read, for example the greek characters cannot be displayed when logging on in russian. In a unicode system there is no restriction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

I have changed the logon language to russia, in RFC destination of PI and checked but its shhowing the same data as ######### in the R/3 system.

The xml file will conatin many languages in it and all the different langauges data has to be posted in the R/3.

You have to split the XML, create different IDocs by language and choose an IDoc receiver channel with tied RFC logon language

how can we do this , please let me know if theres any blog or steps to achive the same.

thanx in advance.

the customer is not ready to move from non-unicode R/3 to unicode R/3 ssyetm now.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have changed the logon language to russia, in RFC destination of PI and checked but its shhowing the same data as ######### in the R/3 system.

Have you also logged on in russian to say this, as you cannot see characters in different codepages when you logon in english.

All I have is the SAP note that I have mentioned above.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The special characters which are showing up are Å#ó

If you see those characters, then the original file is in UTF-8, so do not use any other encoding in file adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

For character encoding please go through the below link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79f...

Thanks,

Amar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

In the source xml file for two fields we are giving Russian language data as добро пожаловать and привет, but in the PI MONI, in source xml payload the data is being grabbled it shows as дОйрО ĐżĐžĐśĐ°ĐťĐžĐ˛Đ°Ń‚ŃŒ and привот.

we are using Pi 7.1 ssytem.

Are there any settings to be maintained in the filr communication channel or is there any need to use the udfs or other mappings other than graphical mapping.

The both the fields are mapped in graphical mapping as one to one mapping(straight mapping).

field1----

-

>Field1

field2----

-

>Field2

Please help me, this is an uregnt issue.

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arjun,

In the sender file communication channel use File type as "Text" and file encoding as "UTF-8". It should able to handle the special characters.

Thanks,

Prasanthi.