cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export MIG using Open Channel or Export File (CRM 7.0 EhP1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Fellows,

I'd like to create a file export using the Communication Medium Open Channel or File Export that contains the MIG. I want to use the MIG to create a Survey URL that I shorten using an URL shortener like bit.ly and then let our lettershop print this URL as a QR-Code on the campaign letters. When the QR-Code is then scanned on a smart phone, the customer can fill out the survey to give us the response.

But the problem is, that the MIG is not filled. It's empty in the parameters of the BAdI CRM_IM_ADD_DATA_BADI and also CRM_MKT_EXP_CAMP_DAT. Has anyone found a way to create a file containing MIG?

Best regards

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Did you by any chance solve this puzzle? I am currently bumping my head against this one.

regards Jeroen

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jeroen,

I've ended up using the PRC. The letter shop then created the QR-Code using a fixed URL Part plus the PRC. But be sure not to use the standard PRC code generation as it is very predictable. You can find my sample code at .

Best regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Tnx for the quick reply. In the end i managed to generate a valid MIG code. But I am definitely looking into the PRC stuff.

regards and again tnx for the quick response.

Jeroen

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jeroen,

would be great if you could share some details of your solution.

Best regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Off course I'll share .

I made use of the standard FM's:

CRM_IM_ML_HEAD_INSERT

CRM_IM_ML_ITEM_INSERT

to create a mig based on the project/task and targetgroup GUID's. I've implemented the change in a badi based on interface: IF_EX_CRM_IM_ADD_DATA_BADI

After that it was relatively simple to distribute the MIG to our file interface and to the 3rd party which handled the url shortening.

Regards Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently used the following approach:

When the campaign is created (or released), an action is used to create a (dummy) mail-header via function module CRM_IM_ML_HEAD_INSERT, as we don't use the mailform function in CRM, but in StreamServe.

When the campaign is executed, I create mail-items for each targetgroup-item (which have the MIG in field ML_GUID_I) using function module CRM_IM_ML_ITEM_INSERT, (which has the links towards the businesspartner(s) and order_guid).  The MIG is exported with the other data to StreamServe.

Regards, Toine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

An update on me last reply:

the logic to create a mail-header and mail-items is removed, as each campaign is alrerady creating a mail-header and items by default. There is no need to create it anymore (in 7.0 Ehp 1)