cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iBase When Creating a Request for Change in Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We recenlty upgraded our sandbox system to Solution Manager 7.1 SP3 and are currently investigating the new ChaRM functionality with the new CRM UI. Our company had configured ChaRM back in 2007 and has been working very well since the initial delivery.

While I was following the Request for [Change process simulation from RKT|https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000478022011E/index.htm] on our sandbox system, I had noticed that the iBase and Component that we have created in transaction IB52 prior to the upgrade were not showing in our search when we were defining the Change Request Scope section. In the documentation that I have read leading up to the upgrade, there have been no mention of the iBase/Component data becoming invalid post-upgrade nor have I found a conversion process. I have done a search here on SDN and on SAP Notes to see why the iBase and Components were not showing up.

Has anybody encountered this issue since the upgrade to 7.1 or is there something I need to do in IB52 in order for the iBase/Component in the new CRM GUI?

Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My issue was that I had some inconsistent data for my iBase and Component. SAP recommended that I run report rib_fill_ibin_fields and everything worked out for the most part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates on getting the systems in your iBase to show up in the component search? In 7.0 it would show the entire iBase, which wasn't nice. If SAP tried to make this list "smarter" I'm all for it. I guess a virtual production would work in the mean time.

Jason, the only update that I have is that I sent a message to SAP about this issue that I am having. Their 2nd level of support are looking into the issue so it may look like a real issue. I will keep you posted once I have a final answer with SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm seeing what Daniel described. Thanks Daniel.

If I don't select a project, I see the entire iBase available in the component field. I'm in the process of adding a production system to my logical component and updating my tasklist. I'm assuming it will work properly once this is added. Just one of those new 7.1 changes to learn. Luckiliy this is a change a like.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about the IBase, Bu there is a step to configure LMDB in Solman_setup where we can migrate the data from SMSY to LMDB. After the migration, Have you checked whether all the data has been migrated and activated fine.

Jagadish, I verified with my Basis resource and the migration from SMSY to LMDB was successful without any errors at all.

have you created a project where you can assign you rfc to?

The search will only display the ibase components relevant to the systems in your project.

Daniel, I have assigned a project to the RFC but I still get no hits when searching for an iBase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan,

just to make it clear. You need a project with a logical component where a system is marked as "producitve system". That system also needs to be in your ibase.

And you want to have an active task list for that project of course.

These were the things why i did not find any ibase entries.

Best Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

In our maintenance project, we do have a production system assigned to the logical component used in the project that I assigned to the request for change. The production system has had an iBase since we have implemented ChaRM back in 2007. The project is activated for Change Request Management and a task list is created.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue, but my project only has a development system and test system.

I don't think you have to have a production system in your logical component. I've set up projects in 7.0 without them. Reason being, you could start a new implementation and not have a production system for months to come. You should still be able to use ChaRM in this situation. Can you point me to where youread you need to have a production client in your logical component?

Any updates on getting the systems in your iBase to show up in the component search? In 7.0 it would show the entire iBase, which wasn't nice. If SAP tried to make this list "smarter" I'm all for it. I guess a virtual production would work in the mean time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes in 7.0 it worked for me too, that is because in 7.0 ChaRM searched for projects based on the IBase you selected.

If there were more than one project where this system is involved you got a pop up where to chose your project.

In 7.1 you chose the project directly, instead of let the system search for you.

And depending on what productive-systems are in this project you get your Ibase list.

If you don't select a project at all you will still get a list of all Ibases in your system.

Iif you ask the SAP, they will allways tell you that you have to have a productive system in your project, at least as you pointed out with a virtual system.

I did not read i t though and therfore ca nnot provide any sources.

This is all based on my experiences.

Best Regards

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Titze on Nov 23, 2011 6:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan,

have you created a project where you can assign you rfc to?

The search will only display the ibase components relevant to the systems in your project.

Best regards

Daniel Titze

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I am not sure about the IBase, Bu there is a step to configure LMDB in Solman_setup where we can migrate the data from SMSY to LMDB. After the migration, Have you checked whether all the data has been migrated and activated fine.

THanks,

Jagadish.