cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 Bit Crystal report runtime support

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am really confused on 64 bit support for Crystal Reports and Crystal Reports runtime

We currently use Crystal Reports XI and deploy reports in a web application using the report viewer control.

We deploy using installshield to customer sites. In the installshield project we reference a redistributable CR115_NET_EmbeddedReporting. All this is 32 bit.

Servers are now going to 64 bit and I want to run my web app and crystal in 64 bit native mode. I don't want to turn 32 bit apps on in IIS.

Is this possible with any version of Crystal Reports. We don't use the designer in Visual Studio due to features that come with the full version that do not come in VS versions.

Any help is much appreciated.

jcgoss

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The following versions of CR have 64 bit support:

10.2 (bundles with .NET 2005)

10.5 (bundles with .NET 2008)

13.0 - free download from here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/crystalreports-dotnet

Please note the following;

1) I would not recommend using CR 10.2 or 10.5 with reports created in a higher versino of CR (e.g.; CR XI)

2) CRVS2010 is specifically designed for VS2010 and will not work with any other version of .NET

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is 13 == CR 2010?

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is. Sorry, should have been more clear. Also, there is CR 2011 (v 14.x), but this does not have any SDK. The SDK for CR2011 is CRVS2010. Weird, confusing, but as the world turns...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks Ludek. That's what I needed.

jcgoss

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks Ludek. That's what I needed.

>

> jcgoss

IN the what's new for CRVS2010 it mentions upgrade to CR 2008. So that would sort of equate to CR XI that we had been using before. So to get the full functionality of CR we need either CR 2008 or 2011 correct?

And the runtime engine from CRVS2010 should work with either?

And is the license for the runtime engine separate?

Sincerley,

Confused (but less so than before )

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like I said, weird and confusing. I think there is department called :confuse_em

OK. seriously.

There are three things to consider;

1) There is the "stand-alone" versions of Crystal Reports. E.g.; 11.5 (XI R2), 12.x (CR 2008). These have both the desktop designer and the .NET runtime

2) There are the .NET bundles. Usually less functional (no InProc RAS SDK, fewer database drivers, etc.) than the stand-alone versions and the designer is part of the .NET IDE. Thus no "stand-alone".

3) Then along comes VS2010, so we shoot out a version of CR for it. This is called Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 (CRVS2010 for short). This is versioned as version 13.x. Now, this version is just as functional as any "stand-alone" version. E.g.; includes the CR SDK for .NET, the InProc RAS SDK for .NET, all the database drivers, etc., etc. Only thing it does not have is the "stand-alone" desktop designer. Report design must be done inside the .NET IDE. So, it's a kind of a mish mash of (1) and (2) above.

So, now if you have a report designers and app developers, the designers typically want to have their own "stand-alone" desktop version. So they could use either CR 2008 or CR 2011. Then the .NET application developer can take these reports and plug them into his app.

Hope this clarifies things , but if not please do ask.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

That helps alot.

We have separate report developers so it looks like we will need to upgrade our report designer standalones.

As to the license model for the runtime, we have an application that we sell to customers and uses the report viewer. We currently ship with the xx11_5 msm for the runtime.

I see a license on the store site that is ~$2500. Do we need that in our case? Is that like telling the mechanic you can only spend $500 for the repair?

I want to make sure we are licensed properly.

thanks again for your help

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Love your analogy. You must have read a few of my posts here

Win apps, the runtime is free. Deploy at will - as many times as you want.

Web apps - intranet, the runtime is free.

Web apps - internet - best to speak to sales and ask them for details as there are licensing fees there. Me being something of a tech I prefer to keep out of those discussions - and sales prefers it that way too.

Sales can be contacted at 866-681-3435

- Ludek

Answers (0)