cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report does not run through NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been going through posts on SDN all day and I cannot seem to get a resolution to my issue as yet.

Workflow is this

Logon onto NWBC 3.0

Click on Crystal Report. Crystal report contains an OpenDocument URL specified as follows:

http://<servername>:8080/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AbFjYgXfkO5AofAAPxoxOyA&sIDTyp...

When click on the Crystal REport link, i am SSO'd onto SAP BusinessObjects Infoview (Edge 3.1 SP3)

The Crystal Report attempts to load and then I encounter the following message:

Error

The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect.

SSO with SAP Authenication is enabled for SAP BusienssObjects.

Server-side Trust, etc has been set-up on the SAP Side

All steps were followed from the SAP BusinessObjects XI Integration for SAP Solutions Installation and Admin Guide.

For the Crystal Report itself, within the CMC, for the Database Configuration i set it to 'Use SSO context for database logon'.

Also the the Data Source is using FQDN for everything.

I am at a loss as to why the SSO is not working to refresh the Crystal Report.

Any ideas on what to check next would be very much appreciated.

Also, the report I am trying to run from within NWBC, contains a dynamic prompt, that uses a BV layer to populate it. The LOV is scheduled to refresh every morning. Dont know if that is causing the issue or not.

Thanks,

Ainsley

Edited by: Ainsley O'Sullivan on Oct 27, 2011 7:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why has server side trust been setup on the SAP side ?

All involved URLs and server names have been fully qualified ?

NWBC has been configured to issue a SAP logon token ?

OpenDocument has been configured to use SAP authentication by default and to accept Logon token ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Removed - double post

Edited by: Ainsley O'Sullivan on Oct 27, 2011 10:46 PM Double post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thank you for your reply.

Why has server side trust been setup on the SAP side ?

I am not sure why Server Side Trust has been set-up on the server side. The basis person who set that up was following the BusinessObjects XI Integration for SAP Solutions Installation and Administration Guide. We thought we needed this in order for SSO to work between NWBC and BusinessObjects. I read now it is only required for multi-pass report bursting.

We have also set up the PSE as well.

So...perhaps an impersonation-style logon is happening on the SAP side because we have set up SNC?

What do we do to undo this from a BusinessObjects server perspective? We have downloaded all the Cryptographic Libraries, set them up on the SAP and BusinessObjects servers.

I will discuss this further with the basis person.

All involved URLs and server names have been fully qualified ?

Yes, everything is fully qualified.

NWBC has been configured to issue a SAP logon token ?

I am not sure. Where is the documentation on how to configure NWBC to issue a logon token? Should I be pointing my basis resource to look at the NWBC Documentation, Section 7.3 Logon Tickets?

OpenDocument has been configured to use SAP authentication by default and to accept Logon token ?

Yes, everything from a BusinessObjects server perspective has been configured. The web.xmls for InfoView and OpenDocument have been configured for sso with sap.

In the CMC, SAP Authentication has been set-up and works a treat.

It seems to me the SAP side, ie. NWBC needs more work.

Just find it hard to get a clear, step by step process on how to set-up NWBC to work with BusinessObjects. There is an abundance of documentation, but sometimes not a clear cut, step by step guide.

Ingo I bought your book the other day too, Integrating SAP BusinessObjects 3.1 Tools with SAP Netweaver. I really liked it because it is clear what you need to do. Perhaps another one could be written or another section added to this book that talks about NWBC and embedding BusinessObjects reports within it?

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Ainsley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Ingo,

It is all working now.

I did the following from the BusinessObjects side.

In the CMC, for SAP Authentication, I went to the u2018SNC Settingsu2019 and Un-checked the box u2018Enable Secure Network Communication [SNC]u2019 and clicked on u2018Updateu2019.

Also for the SAP Authentication settings in the CMC, at the u2018Entitlement Systemsu2019 tab, I entered in the FQDN for the Application Server, instead of the IP Address.

I then Logged onto NWBC, click on the report and it opened successfully and ran without error.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Ainsley

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ainsley,

Stuck in viewing the published BOE crystal reports in NWBC, Followed your steps still unable to view the reports, Any assistance would be really helpful.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ainsley

can you share how you enabled SSO to BI content from NWBC?

I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks

Shane

Answers (0)