cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing smartforms on Dot Matrix Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am supposed to print a smartform through a dotmatrix printer and the page has a fixed layout. Now, after i create a spool request and give a print command for more than 1 page , i see that the 1st page is printed perfectly . When it goes to 2nd page, it skips some portion and then starts to print , 3rd is again perfect and with fourth again it skips. So every alternate page is giving issues. Any suggestions on this?

P.S. - I have created a template in my smartform and a custom page format which has dimensions same as that of the dot matrix printer page.

Regards

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Try this option:

Create two pages with different formats, in the option calling next page you give the second page in first page and first page in second page.

i hope this will solve your problem.

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Thanks for the reply , i managed to resolve this a couple of weeks back . The page format/form's dimensions defined in the driver of printer were wrongly given . I came to know about this when i visited the location where printer was kept and found that the size of the page had changed slightly . Hence , the dimensions defined in the printer's driver and the size of the paper should be exactly the same, even a slight difference will result in such issues.

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

i am having the issue with dot matrix printer with the continuous paper printing.

In the first page the printing coming properly as per the SAP script layout design but in 2nd page the position of the prining data is moved up 5 lines.

i am using "EPESCP (EPSON ESC/P 24/48-pin printer)" Device type for the printer. in the device type printer initialization we have the below mentioned commands.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

# reset
\e\0x40
# select character table 3 -> PC 437 character set
\e\0x74\0x03
# set line spacing 6 LPI
\e\0x32
# set page length to DINA4 (=70 lines at 6 LPI)
\e\0x43\0x46
# cancel bottom margin
\e\0x4F
# set left margin to 0
\e\0x6C\0x00
# select LQ quality
\e\0x78\0x01
# select non-proportional spacing
\e\0x70\0x00

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can you please check this and suggest me to avoid printing 5 lines up in the 2nd page if we do continuous printing with Dot matrix printer ?

Is there anything which i need to change in above printer initialization commands.

Please do the needful..

Thanks and regards

Krishna Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna ,

I am not very sure of SAP scripts printing . As far as the commands are concerned , they should be verified by the Basis folks.Just make sure that the page dimensions are correctly mentioned both at Printer level and SAP scripts level. If required , measure the dimensions yourself and then see. I don't think there are any other settings required.

Thanks ,

Mayank

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions on this ? I am making use of Epson FX - 1050 printer. I have also made the settings for Format type like - page initialization etc.

Regards

Mayank