cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Infrastructure Servers Could Not Be Contacted - NWDS 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the error "some infrastructure servers could not be contacted" when trying to import a development configuration using NWDS 7.3. Both our NW Server and NWDS are 7.3. I can't seem to find a resolution. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sapstern
Participant
0 Kudos

That is a temporary issue, close your NWDS and restart it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

we had this error cropping up with newer versions of NWDS 7.3 (> SP01).

Do you use a network proxy with NWDS?

Go to Window -> Preferences -> General -> Network Connections. Check

your configuration in the 'Active Provider' setting. We had to switch it to

'Manual' in order to get connected to all parts of the NWD infrastructure.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am also facing the same problem. I have done the configurations said by Dirk and nothing helps.

My user ID & Password are same in both SLD, CMS, CBS & DTR.

Could any one help us out here?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue has been resolved after installing the supported jdk version in my machine.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijaykumar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could this be some issue with my laptop? We have one user that is able import development configurations just fine and 2 including myself that get this error?

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in your developer studio under the menu windows>Preferences> SLD

Check whether you have correctly mentioned the SLD URL, after maintaining check whether you are able to ping it successfully or not. You can refer to the settings of the developer studio of that other User who's able to load the configuration successfully.

Let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I navigate under Window -> Preferences -> Development Infrastructure -> System Landscape Directory I have the URL of the SLD specified. If I click "Ping" I get the message "System landscape directory is reachable. So that all looks good.

Then I go to the "Development Infrastructure" perspective and click on "New/Import Development Configuration". In the wizard that opens up I select "Import from System Landscape Directory (SLD)" and click Next. The next screen prompts me to logon to the Development Infrastructure. I enter my User and Password and logs on successfully and takes me to the next screen to "Select Development Configuration". I select my configuration and click "Next". The next screen gives me the "Development Configuration Details". I click "Finish" and I get prompted to logon to the Development Infrastructure again. I enter my User and Password and this is where it fails and I get the error message "Some Infrastructure Servers Could Not Be Contacted."

I don't know why I can log-in the first time and the second time it fails. Scratching my head on this one.

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe your SLD is in one box and your NWDI is in another box.

In this case just make sure your password is same in both SLD and NWDI.

Check and see if your password is locked in NWDI, try logging in directly to CMS or CBS or DTR and see if the password you are entering is right?

Hoe this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod