cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Design Tool Windows Authenication Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently installed a new BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.0 SP2 environment on a Windows 2008 R2 server, and I have installed the client tools along with LiveOffice on my desktop (win7).

I have successfully configured Windows AD in CMC along with SSO for LaunchPad. Everything works correctly.

Using Windows AD, I can successfully login to the Unverise Design Tool and Query as a service Designer, and LiveOffice with my windows credentials. However I can NOT login to the Information Design Tool. I can only login using the enterprise authenication.

I verfied that my windows ID is a member of the Administrator group in CMC.

The error I receive when I login is:

Active Directory Authentication failed to log you on. Please contact your system administrator to make sure you are a member of a valid mapped group and try again. If you are not a member of the default domain, enter your user name as UserName@DNS_DomainName, and then try again. (FWM 00006)

I'm out of options, how come all the other applications work with WindowsAD and not the Information Design Tool.

Please help,

Erik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member235179
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

As per the note below there is additional configuration needed to get the SSO working for the IDT.

1621106 - How to configure Information Design Tool (IDT) for manual AD Login + SSO for BI 4.0

Resolution

1. Edit the file: install_dir\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\InformationDesignTool.ini.

Add the following lines to the end of the file:

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=path-to-bsclogin\bscLogin.conf

-Djava.security.krb5.conf=path-to-kerberos\krb5.ini

For example:

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=C:\WINNT\bscLogin.conf

-Djava.security.krb5.conf=C:\WINNT\krb5.ini

2. Make sure the two files bscLogin.conf and krb5.ini are configured for Active Directory

authentication with Kerberos.

For details, see the section Using Kerberos authentication for Windows AD in the SAP

BusinessObjects Enterprise Administrator's Guide.

Can you test this please.

I hope this is a very helpful answer to you.

Kind regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you John, this worked perfectly.

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

we have also successfully configured Windows AD in CMC along with SSO for LaunchPad. Everything works correctly for

the Client Tools (Unverise Design Tool, WebIntellingence, Crystal Reports, Query as a service Designer,LiveOffice)

We use the configuration document "1621106 - How to configure Information Design Tool (IDT) for manual AD Login + SSO for BI 4.0" to configure the IDT and we receive same login error:

Active Directory Authentication failed to log you on. Please contact your system administrator to make sure you are a member of a valid mapped group and try again. If you are not a member of the default domain, enter your user name as UserName@DNS_DomainName, and then try again. (FWM 00006)

Can you help us

Swen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Do i need to provide multiple paths for Our Dev, Test and Prod environments for IDT to connect or the path mentioned by you will be good for all environments.

Thanks,

former_member581115
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thx a lot, it works perfectly

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swen,

Do you get any information regarding your issue ?

We also have migrate to SAP BO 4.1 and we are using sso. I make the change in the file ( install_dir\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\InformationDesignTool.ini) but i still have the same issue.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassanein,

Did you ever find a solution to the BI 4.1 IDT SSO issue?

I am facing the same problem now.

Thanks for any help.

David

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLEASE CHECK YOUR LIVE OFFICE SERVICE IS MUST BE ACTIVATE( qaaws)