cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backward Compatibility in Crystal Reports 2011

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a stand alone install of Crystal Reports 2011 on my PC, to modify existing and create new reports in our company ERP system. That system uses the Crystal Reports 11 engine (I think). If I modify an existing report with my copy of 2011, it will run in the ERP system OK. However, if I create a new report (or even take an existing report and 'Save As' a new name), then the ERP system complains that the .rpt file is corrupt. The ERP system's support team have suggested I should save new reports out of 2011 as v11 file type, but I can't find any settings or options that allow saving with compatibility for a previous version. Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Damn - so I wasted my money buying Cystal Reports 2011?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know that I would say that... I have heard here that CRXI is at the end of its lifetime. Go back to your ERP System Support Team and find out how or if they can bring their system up-to-date to use CR 2011. Course at that point you will probably need to bring all the old reports up-to-date with CR2011.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Don Says is very true.

When you save a report, it automatically saves it in the version of Crystal that you are working with. If you open a report written in an earlier version, it will warn you when you try to save it that it will save it in the current version of Crystal you are working in. At this point you can give it a different name or save it in a different folder so as to preserve the original report in the original version.

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have always recommended that you use the same version of CR Designer as the rest of the applications. If you are using CR XI runtime then use CR 1 Designer.

There are changes with the DB drivers used in CR 2011 to support current DB's mostly so older DB's may have problems or cause problems.

There is no SaveAs Report Version option in CR, never has been and likely never will be.

Don