cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics in SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i will be completing one year in working in SAP SD module, but still i know there are so many basic things which i am not aware. i need your help. please suggest what are the basic and important topics in SAP SD that a beginner must aware. i tried to search in Google but could not able to get the proper answer to my query. request you to help me in this.

thanks in anticipation

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of the basic & important topics in SAP SD are listed below:

1. Sales Overview process from Order to Cash

2. Master Data

3. Sales Document types controls, Item categories & Schedule line controls

4. Availability Check

5. Pricing

6. Delivery Processing including Picking, Packing & Post Goods Issue

7. Billing

Please refer to [http://help.sap.com/] for more information on these topics

Thanks,

Saurabh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you All

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to focus also on the various processes along with the customisation areas suggested earlier by the sdn team members.

Focus on the scenarios such as domestic sales, export sales, STO ,Third party sales, Consignment sales, Intercompany sales etc.,

Each one has a typical set of customisations, Hence if you follow this method, you can become a very good consultant. Also I would suggest you to create documents for your own use on a later date or for ready reference . I can tell you these documents will help you a lot in you career,

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the information, yes i am prepairing my own document but pany we are not using intercompany sale can you guide me on this. please provide link if you have. thanks.

Ashwini

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In addition to the above list...as a first step...I suggest you to go through the IMG for Sales and Distribution, Logistics General and Logistics Execution and read the complete menu. This will give you a broad picture of the available configurations in standard SAP. You can go through the attached documentaion (for any activity that sounds interesting to you) for more information.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Basic topics is SD

1)Master Data which includes Organization Structure--Sales Org,Dist channel,Division,Customer master data,Customer Material Info Record,Material Master Data

2)Pricing

3)Partner Determination

4)Sales Documents

5)Delivery

6)Billing

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

If you are well worse with the basics you can easily do customizing,there is lot off information available in help.sap,which will really improve your basic knowledge and also go through the building blocks of different business scenarios you can understand the business process.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/70/a7853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Regards

Ram