cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO XI 4.0 SIA not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have Installed SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.0 in Virtual Machine.Installation took 6 hours to complete,After Installation I could not able to connect to CMS server.

Error Message :

Not found or server may be down(FWM 01003) null.

I could not able to see SIA in CCM also in Windows Services well.

In CCM I could able to see only below components

Apache Tomat 6.0.24

BW Publisher Service_BOE140BWPublisher 14.0.2.364

SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Authentication Server 2.0..4.0

SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Proessing Server 2.0.4.0

Operation System : Windows Server 2003 Enterprise X64 Edition in VM Ware workstation

CMS Database : Default database from product (MS SQLSERVER 2008 Express)

Can you please help us ?

Thank you

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was this problem resolved? I have similar issue Appreciate if you could share the solution

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to Note 1767633 - SIA node is not getting created during BI4 install

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1767633

I'm going to lock this thread. Please open a new one if you need to .

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete or rename folder C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework It is the one responsible for my lost 4 hours I think problem occurs because of conflict of encryption library using cryptocme2.dll or libcryptocme2.so

After renaming I was able to install server. Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check sapnote 1590074

had a similar problem with " when the install path starts with "\u""

If you plan to install BO Explorer on top, it might happen that the polestar services will be available in the CMC only after you add an additional node in the CCM.

Regards

Lars

Yero13
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi kumaresh,

I happened something similar, is a problem with windows.

You need to go to Windows regedit  (Start--Run--regedit), then review the following path    

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite12.0\Shared Tools\keydecoder.dll

Sometimes Windows add one more "\"

I hope this can help you.

Regards,

Jeronimo

anup_singh5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jeronimo,

I am facing the same problem with SAP BO XI 4.0 SP2 Installation.

I went to Regedit and followed the path to keydecoder.dll

I have seen two ''\'  in the path before keydecoder.dll

Shall I need to remove one of them ?

Please specify.

Yero13
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anup Singh,

Exactly, eliminating one of the two should solve the problem.

I hope it helps.

regards

anup_singh5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed BO XI 4.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2008 (64 bit OS).

RAM 6 GB. CPU has 8 Processors in it.

I have done full Installation in a custom folder as "C:\Custom_folder_name" with Oracle 10g as CMS and Audit Databases.

I came up with no SIA and CMS in CCM after installation.

I updated the path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite12.0\Shared Tools\keydecoder.dll" with removing one "\".

Then I restarted the host machine.
I still have the same problem...

I uninstalled completely, deleted the Installation Folder, cleared the Registry entries and restarted the Host machine.

Then I have done the fresh Installation in another custom folder.

I am still having the same problem...

I am not able to figure out where is the problem...

Please help on this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I came across this issue yesterday (4.0 SP2 base install) - there was no evidence that SQL Server Express had installed correctly and no SIA in the CCM (though no errors were reported by the installation program - it completed successfully). KBA 1616644 references issues with an SIA present and stopped but the cause is noted as

"The installation of the default CMS database provided with BI 4.0 i.e SQL Server 2008 Express Edition was not proper."

I installed SQL Server express separatley with a blank DB for the CMS and pointed the installation to it and everything has worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a known issue with BI 4.0 that the SIA will not install if the Admin password has special characters in it.  Could that be the case here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Same Problem, Installed the entire Package pointing it to the correct program files folder (64bit),

Also kept the Admin password without any special character. But still no SIA.

Tried to create a new SIA, but the database servers did not run, hence could not proceed. Have followed each step of the Installation guide.. but no luck..

Can you please help.. ?

-Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

4.0 is installed to the Program Files (x86) directory even though its a 64-bit app we still have some 32-bit dll's that dictate we install here. I have seen this before and it usually means corrupt install, you can try the repair option and see if it creates the SIA or you could just kill that VM image and create a new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

I did a fresh installation on new VM ware server with the same steps followed earlier still the same problem.

Any Clue ?

Regards

Kumar

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked the pre-requisites for installing MS SQL server as per the Installation manual?

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 is the default database server. Any other database server must be running

and accessible when you run the installation program.

Note:

If you intend to use Microsoft SQL Server, ensure that the account being used to install has the

appropriate privileges. Microsoft SQL Server installation requires that the account being used is a

member of the Windows Administrators group, and that the default privileges assigned to the

Administrators group have not been modified. For more information, see Microsoft SQL Server 2008

knowledge base article number 2000257: SQL Server 2008 installation will fail if the setup account

does not have certain user rights.

Regards

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi,

did you tried to create a new SIA out of the CCM?

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seb

Thank for your reply.

I could not able to create new SIA as it asks DSN of existing CMS,and I could not able to connect to CMS server deployed on SQL SERVER.

Error Message :

SQL server not available or Access denied

I could not see any services for sqlserver in services.msc.

I have installed .net framework 4.0 . instead of 2.0 with Sp2. Was this problem ? also BO installtion and .Neframwork are all were deplyed on C:\Programfiles(X86) (32 bit path)as it asked default. was this problem ?

Thank you

Regards,

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

BI4 Servercomponents are native 64 Bit libaries. I would recommend you uninstall everything and start from scratch installing into the correct Program Files folder.

Regards

-Seb.